What should I buy: V-Moda M-100 or AKG K550?
Mar 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
I'd go for Sennheiser Momentums over the k550s. I had the AKGs and was super, super disappointed by them.

really? I preferred the AKG K550's sound over the Momentums.

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #18 of 19
The thing about the K550 is that at first it sounds impressive because it's on the bright side of the spectrum, lending a pretty clear, open sound. Then you hear a trumpet and throw them off your head because that's definitely not what a trumpet should sound like.

Once, in a fit of insanity, I tried listening to Neph by Trombone Shorty with the K550 just to make sure I was hearing things correctly. Poor choice.

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
The thing about the K550 is that at first it sounds impressive because it's on the bright side of the spectrum, lending a pretty clear, open sound. Then you hear a trumpet and throw them off your head because that's definitely not what a trumpet should sound like.

Once, in a fit of insanity, I tried listening to Neph by Trombone Shorty with the K550 just to make sure I was hearing things correctly. Poor choice.

One thing, I think, the drivers of k550 need some exercise before it can correctly produce the full spectrum of frequency it is capable to produce. It is understandable that it is a deterrent to someone who pay a dear sum of of money and don't get the expected sound right away. Especially for people who are looking for an upgrade to their existing seasoned headphone.

As a result, bad reviews and unsatisfied customers which then turn away more would be customers ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back