What should be my next headphones?
Oct 1, 2014 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

passionforroxk

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am looking for a CLOSED headphones, the more portable the better. Budget is up to 1000 bucks. It would be really good if the cable can be upgraded with balanced 2.5mm plug. 

In terms of sound, I don't like too flat/neutral sounding signature, rest is fine as long as the resolution/details is good.

Any suggestion or recommendation are appreciated!

Cheers

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 9
Check out the top offerings from Fostex and Ultrasone.

Thanks a lot mate!

So you meant the Fostex th900? Had it for 2 weeks, it leaks lots of sound and not too portable despite the sound signature is AMAZING.

I have Ultrasone Edition 8 Romeo, sending to moon-audio for recable right now with my Beyer t5p, hoping they will dazzle me once they are back :)

Any other suggestion? 

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 9
No clue. Have never heard the Ultrasone or the T5p but I'm more than satisfied with the Shure in terms of detail retrieval, I'd say it's on par with the SRH940 while having way better bass and less harsh treble, so theres that

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #9 of 9
Sorry no clue again, but by all accounts it's supposed to be really good. I was deciding between the Focals, NAD Viso HP50 and Shure 1540 I went with the Shure because of comfort. I did try the NAD Viso and I think those are more detailed and more neutral, but earpads are weird and clamp force was rough. Focal have even smaller earpads and are supposedly even more clampy so out they went. Shures are very light and extremely comfortable, so that was the deciding factor. Alcantara pads are so so sooooo good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back