What Sex are You?
Apr 18, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #16 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
I dunno man you have 3600 posts on a geeky forum...............

Isn't otaku related to anime or something like that?

And as for my post count, blame summer vacation and my lack of a part-time job.

Apr 18, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #17 of 125
[size=x-large]???????????????????????????????????????[/size]
[size=x-large]?????????????????????????????????????????[/size]
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #18 of 125
I though you were a guy, mike. Learn something new everyday.

Apr 18, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #19 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Oh, c'mon.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the ratio of male to female is heavily skwewed towards male in this forum.

-Ed

Indeed it does not, but assumption is largely a bad thing & verification next to godlyness.
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Isn't otaku related to anime or something like that?

And as for my post count, blame summer vacation and my lack of a part-time job.

"In Japan, otaku is a fairly derogatory term used to describe an obsessed fan of something (not necessarily anime)"

other definitions are used.

but yeah. you would probably fall under category of otaku, what with your nerdy headphone hobby and the use of japanese words and such
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #22 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
"In Japan, otaku is a fairly derogatory term used to describe an obsessed fan of something (not necessarily anime)"

other definitions are used.

but yeah. you would probably fall under category of otaku, what with your nerdy headphone hobby and the use of japanese words and such
biggrin.gif

You got me on the headphone hobby (although I don't consider phones nerdy in ultimate sense, and I'm far from being obsessed, just like to chill round the forums), but I rarely ever use japanese words. The only times I remember using em is in this thread, on my location, and as part of an apple player theme song. But please, don't associate me with "real" otakus. I've met a few, and those guys scare the s**t outta me. I always get the urge to punch em in the face or something, and I think they feel likewise.

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #23 of 125
I know I know, its ok, I really wanted other & a few more precise choices in their to, but the number of joke answears would undoubtedly be disproportionant to the standard deviations of the mean/means of stated additional catagory/s actual population dependent statistical values.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #24 of 125
Quote:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the ratio of male to female is heavily skwewed towards male in this forum.

skew in my direction at your peril Ed ! I like to be romanced a bit first man
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

As to the original question,depends on who you ask about me and any issues they may or may not have with my person
tongue.gif

I can see how some need to know but my personal feelings on this are :

Does not matter because I figure if I treat everyone the same (that can be good or bad because i am an equal oppurtunity insult artist
tongue.gif
) and not differentiate it matters not what sex that person is and I have been known to use the phrases "folks" or "humans" in my posts so I encompass all people.

On the assumption that the odds are we have some undercover females here and not just that but some who have maybe led a life style that is prudish by some standards it is always my attempt inposting to not insult any one person or group of persons.I may insult humans in general but never in specific terms which can hurt-words having power you know......

Those who feel the need are welcome to let on what sex they are,what religeon,political slant,background,socio-economic level,etc., but the others who wish to remain "ambiguous" I have to respect being their personal choice and entitled to their privacy.even if through private correspondance they let on.If not mentioned by the person it stays with me forever.

I know if were female (and really does anyone actually know i am not ?
tongue.gif
) I would have second thoughts on 'outting" myself considering our large contingent of very young and very geeky members,a REAL BAD combination when let loose on unaccompanied and unattached woman .

Nothing uglier than being bushwhacked by a 19 year old headphone geek that does not get out of the house much
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #25 of 125
Ok,so how many babes Do we have here ?

don't be shy,a show of hands will be fine after logging in and leaving your number..........

KIDDING ! JUST KIDDING !

Sheesh................
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #26 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
skew in my direction at your peril Ed ! I like to be romanced a bit first man
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

As to the original question,depends on who you ask about me and any issues they may or may not have with my person
tongue.gif

I can see how some need to know but my personal feelings on this are :

Does not matter because I figure if I treat everyone the same (that can be good or bad because i am an equal oppurtunity insult artist
tongue.gif
) and not differentiate it matters not what sex that person is and I have been known to use the phrases "folks" or "humans" in my posts so I encompass all people.

On the assumption that the odds are we have some undercover females here and not just that but some who have maybe led a life style that is prudish by some standards it is always my attempt inposting to not insult any one person or group of persons.I may insult humans in general but never in specific terms which can hurt-words having power you know......

Those who feel the need are welcome to let on what sex they are,what religeon,political slant,background,socio-economic level,etc., but the others who wish to remain "ambiguous" I have to respect being their personal choice and entitled to their privacy.even if through private correspondance they let on.If not mentioned by the person it stays with me forever.

I know if were female (and really does anyone actually know i am not ?
tongue.gif
) I would have second thoughts on 'outting" myself considering our large contingent of very young and very geeky members,a REAL BAD combination when let loose on unaccompanied and unattached woman .

Nothing uglier than being bushwhacked by a 19 year old headphone geek that does not get out of the house much
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Rather interesting philiosophising, but the purpose of this polls inception is much more for a statisticly accurate report of the claimed sexual distribution of the head-fi population so that a frame of referance is created such that generalizations & understanding of the demographic make up of the board can be made by those who "chose" to make such "leaps of faith," rather than the purpose of judging ones peers by their claimed natural or artificialy induced sexual state at present." It can be argued that sex "does not matter", but if one is interested in finding out if there is a corelation between head-fi type people & their sex then I would argue that sex does mater in that very basic sociological measurement. As such I am interested in finding out what apparent degree of correlation there is between being a head-fi member and being female/male, something that (as both the numbers & logical reason would atest to) is undeniably an intriguing and quite explainable behavior wether or not the one who reads its results is desireous of a social atmosphere where sex is as insignificant & picayune in prominence as a factor of determening said social population's tendencys of biased interactional habbits as say an individuals intraveinal blood viscosity due to the presence, or lack there of, of a static magnetic field is, or not.
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #27 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Ok,so how many babes Do we have here ?

don't be shy,a show of hands will be fine after logging in and leaving your number..........

KIDDING ! JUST KIDDING !

Sheesh................
cool.gif

Rick, ya gonna scare away the few ladies there are on this board . . .
tongue.gif

EDIT: What? sduibek, aren't you a guy?
eek.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #28 of 125
Oh c'mon! I put togeather that beautiful three sentence paragraphed rebutal to his dismisal of the importance of my poll & all you have to say is HE is going to scare away the ladys?
eek.gif
Not Cool!

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #29 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Oh c'mon! I put togeather that beautiful three sentence paragraphed rebutal to his dismisal of the importance of my poll & all you have to say is HE is going to scare away the ladys?
eek.gif
Not Cool!

Sorry. I try not to get amidst the adults and their conversations. Just like popping in with random stuff. =)

Apr 18, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #30 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Sorry. I try not to get amidst the adults and their conversations. Just like popping in with random stuff. =)

DId you even read it, like really read it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back