What setup for the office?
Nov 14, 2002 at 11:29 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by FilH
What's a 28V PSU?...
confused.gif

power supply unit.. do a search..

basically a battery would give you 9Volts but the Porta Corda can handle up to 28Volts so using a wall socket adapter you can get excellent improvements out of your porta corda.

Nov 14, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 19
I have a SlimX and Meta42 I use at the office. The amp is really overkill because most of the time I can't really listen to the music. One thing that I find an absolute necessity is my pair of Etys. It blocks out all the corporate BS!

Nov 15, 2002 at 6:18 PM Post #19 of 19
I suggest a basic Meta w/ Alps pot, RCA jacks and a WW, a mini to RCA Kimber cable, and an older sony PCDP from ebay. Maybe D-10, D-11, or a HIGHER priced one that a few here seem to like ( D-777, D-555, D-35/350, D-303). This setup will make any worthy headphones sing. Wait, if you are leaving it at work, I would upgrade the Meta. For your headphones, if you are going to use a MD I would get a pair of the eggos. This is pretty much my setup, but I have those elusive D-77 eggos.
Price: CD player $30
Kimber Kable $55
Basic Meta w/ those options $210
Headphones $150

This all adds up to $450, and you can get whatever headphone you want!! You would also save a few by just using your MD, and get some new CD's to rock the new system!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back