Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guilt

oh, that would make my life alloooot easier
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #34 of 72
incredulity!

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #35 of 72
Sight.

You still can "hear" the words by reading.
You still can "taste" by reading on how it should taste like.
You still can "feel" by reading what it's suppose to feel like.
You still can "smell" by reading what it's suppose to smell like.

But you can never "see" from a description told to you by others because a lot of things are just too hard to describe on how they look.
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #37 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sight.

You still can "hear" the words by reading.
You still can "taste" by reading on how it should taste like.
You still can "feel" by reading what it's suppose to feel like.
You still can "smell" by reading what it's suppose to smell like.

But you can never "see" from a description told to you by others because a lot of things are just too hard to describe on how they look.
tongue.gif

I believe this only applies to those who lost those senses during their life time. For someone who hasn't had one since the beginning won't be able to "hear" because they have no idea what sound is, and they won't be able to taste by reading because they just don't know what "taste" is supposed to be, and they won't be able to feel because they have no concept of "feel", and lastly, they won't be able to smell, because they have no memory of "smell".

Just nit picking.
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 72
Damn, I misread the question and voted for smell for being the sense I could live without.

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #40 of 72
For me, it would suck if I lost any one of my senses. It would be horrible. I chose sight because it would be the worst. But I had to thinking about hearing too because being deaf would be really bad, just not as bad as blindness.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #41 of 72
I could not imagine living without eyesight, it is as important for me as having the ability to move.

Statistically the loss of hearing will isolate you most socially, more then with the loss of eye sight.
So loss of hearing would be the worst for most people that are “socially active”. Many people without hearing feel a tremendous isolation, causing a big drop in life quality.

Smell is linked to many primordial centers in the brain, which would be required for an animal living in the wild (to choose what to eat and not as an example). The modern homo sapiens I belive can easily live without small. (also cause a loss of taste)

Touch is a sense which is not so important, but loss of pain sensation is crucial for protecting ourself from damaging ourself.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #42 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Touch is a sense which is not so important, but loss of pain sensation is crucial for protecting ourself from damaging ourself.

Without the touch sense you would literally and in every way feel like a brick. I seriuosly can't imagine anything worse.

Jan 18, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #45 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without the touch sense you would literally and in every way feel like a brick. I seriuosly can't imagine anything worse.

I meant for the ability to live/injure yourself.
I totaly agree that sense is very imortant in daily activity
smily_headphones1.gif

Without feeling of touch you become totaly dependent on sight for any activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back