What Semi Portable Headphones
Aug 4, 2006 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

matthewcarlrose

Head-Fier
Hi Chaps,

Right i'm quite happy with my current rig (diyforums Millet Hybrid and Senn 650 and HD25SP phones), however i am off on honeymoon in october and want a set of phones for my ipod. I'm not after earbud / in ear type.

I am tempted by either the AKG K26P / K27i 's as they look like they would offer some degree of isolation as well. Anyone else got suggestions, i dont really want a massive set of phones (which is why i am not considering taking the HD25's with me).

Thanks in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Matt

Aug 4, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 5
If you can cope without isolation the PX100 sounds ideal, especially as the sound signature isn't too far away from the HD650. If isolation is important then the PX200 is worth considering.

Simon

Where in the Wirral are you? I'm in Birkenhead.

Aug 4, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 5
I have no personal,experience of the AKG's but the reviews I have seen are mixed. You will find some by doing a search on here.

I have the PX100 which looks flimsy, but are suprisingly robust when it comes down to it.

I work in Liverpoool too, so you can happily have a look/listen to my PX100's assuming you're not too far from me (I'm in the Albert Dock). The PX200s are a closed version which affects the sound a bit,but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back