What replaces the Fidue A31s?
Jul 3, 2021 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

subwoofer

Head-Fier
They might not be the best IEMs, but the A31s fitted a specific need and happen to be great at really low bass. I bought up several pairs, as I sleep with them, and on occasion rip them apart overnight. I'm running out and found they are no longer available. I wish I had bought more.

So I need to find a replacement. The sound is just right for what I want, and the size is also good. Fidue don't seem to do a direct replacement, instead it seems to be bigger. It has to be cheap enough to not worry about breaking them, small enough to be nicely low profile, and have good bass without neglecting the rest of the sound.

Any suggestions, or alternatives?

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Jul 6, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 6
AliExpress claims to still have Fidue A31: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2034903430.html
Thanks yes, I have ordered a couple of pairs hoping they are genuine. But I'm also looking for either the direct replacement which Fidue don't seem to do, or a known good option that is as close to the Fidue as possible. They are consumables, so I need an ongoing supply of something with the same characteristic. Like everything, once you find something that works, it gets discontinued!

Jul 6, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks yes, I have ordered a couple of pairs hoping they are genuine. But I'm also looking for either the direct replacement which Fidue don't seem to do, or a known good option that is as close to the Fidue as possible. They are consumables, so I need an ongoing supply of something with the same characteristic. Like everything, once you find something that works, it gets discontinued!
There is also the much heralded, bass-proud, very small and comfortable Sony MH750, which seem similar to what you describe with the Fidue.

(There are Head-Fi threads devoted to the MH750 and MH755 to read further. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...ion-thread-mh750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/)

Unfortunately the MH750 is extremely likely to be counterfeit--certainly don't trust any on AliExpress. I got a pair of the real ones from Spassear on Ebay. I don't see that seller there now, but Spassear often reappears, and you could get MH750 for under $15.

The Head-Fi classifieds have offers for a modded MH750 with a detachable cable for $35 if you want to investigate that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back