What radio part (inductor ?) is it? HM 601
Aug 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tablet

New Head-Fier
I accidentally broke half of ferrite "ring" around a coil during disassembling my HM 601(just needed to fix bad contact in 3,5 jack). See photos.
http://s15.postimg.org/krul9riu3/IMG_6426.jpg
http://s16.postimg.org/o32r2p1g5/IMG_6427.jpg
Of course I fastened broken part back precisely with glue... Maybe somebody know where can I get new part and order for replacement if possible.
Need tip about this inductor: what does 100Yg means in words? Tried to search, but have no idea for keywords.
Tell me please what role does it play in device. Thank you in advance

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 7
It is Totally IMPOSSIBLE to achieve the original inductance enhancement that the broken one gave. You have no choice but to buy another ferrite ring and rewind the coil to the same number of turns and the same start and finish position either using the original wire or using new wire the same diameter and  spaced the same as the old one. inductance coils have the inductance usually specified--IE=micro-henries--milli- henries-- or henries .[would be 1-henry/0.1 henry =100mH -and so on. You could also have listed the number of turns or wire diameter.But some just have the makers serial number to order a new one. I will have a look at the links you provided.Had look at your links .Didnt realise it was a SMD circuit[very small components] forget rewire -the 100 could mean 100Micro H or Milli H but thats just a guess. I would need the circuit diagram to comment further.

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 7
  Kevin-Your about as near as anyone could get . I couldnt find a circuit diagram for it. . At least it could work again even if the inductance value is a bit out. I hope he is good at soldering SMD components. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Good deduction/detective work Kevin . But I have my doubts about his ability to solder SMD parts if he hasnt done much on normal size components. If you havent the correct SMD soldering equipment  you need a small soldering iron with a sharp point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back