What powercable connectors do I need?
Nov 14, 2004 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kikkoman

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not very familiar with cable connectors for power cords, and trying to figure out which is which is pretty confusing. All I want to do is buy a good power cable for my amp and perhaps one for my computer, but I'm not sure what connector I need for either. My amp is a Gilmore V2 made by Headamp and my comp power supply is a standard ATX Silencer 410 from PC Power and Cooling.
Also with all the electrical noise in a computer is it even worth it to upgrade the cable? Thanks in advanced to anyone who can answer my questions.

Nov 14, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Your amp takes a standard IEC plug, which is the standard on probably 95% of aftermarket power cords. This is the same type of plug that's used on your computer and monitor, very common for any type of power cabling.

As for your amp, you may notice some difference (but, possibly not that much because of the sophisticated power supply of the V2) - as the for the computer, I really really doubt that it would make any difference.

Power cable upgrades are most important on dedicated source components and any component (ie: amp) with a less than stellar power supply.

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back