What power cable made you say "holy Sh__"?
Jan 19, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #61 of 66
Sorry, subtle nuances are lost on forums but check out this cool image i found on google images!

images

Jan 21, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #64 of 66
I remember reading the Virtual Dynamics website and thinking, "Holy Sh__, what a load of pseudoscientific crap, people will believe ANYTHING when they have cash burning a hole in their pocket"!

Phreon

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreon
I remember reading the Virtual Dynamics website and thinking, "Holy Sh__, what a load of pseudoscientific crap, people will believe ANYTHING when they have cash burning a hole in their pocket"!

Phreon

I also think it's unfortunate that some manufacturers use language or concepts that are questionable. Cardas' golden ratio imagery in advertisments is an example. BUT they also do make a fine cable. I wish they'd keep the language real as then they'd not be dismissed instantly by people who've never heard how good the product is in reality.

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Whoa, that's impressive, Flavor 4 is good stuff indeed.

Didn't quite make me say holy schmoly, but the Flavor 1 I am still using since April had me say very nice

Chris VenHaus PCs do it for me:

1) Cryoed Flavor 1 - connected to Jolida JD-100 cdp. More detail across the board, blacker backgrounds, better soundstage side to side, it really brings in the bass, etc. Made me say, "Holy schmoly." Cord run from a power conditioner.

2) Cryoed Flavor 2 - connected to Odyssey Tempest preamp. Cord run from a power conditioner.

3) two cryoed Flavor 4 PCs, one each connected to my Odyssey Audio Extreme Mono amps. Please note I found the Flavor 4 PCs required about 400 hours of burn-in; amps are high current, cords run stright from the wall.

Best of luck in your search, Billy. Chris VH of VH Audio does have a return policy, in case you need to make use of it; he's also one of the nicest guys with whom to do business.

Oh yeah, Walker SST on all the plug prongs!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back