What portable cables for my HD25?
Sep 18, 2007 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sinsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.

I was going to buy the HD650 cables for my HD25, but, of course, I see that these cables have a 6,3mm connector, and I would really like to avoid using an adaptor.

Is the ZY Cable the only choice I've got for a cable with a 3,5mm connector?

Thank you!

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 5
Interesting Question.

Reterminating a set of stock SENN cables seem to be the way to go.

Even if you pay someone else to do the deed, reterminating still seems to be the least expensive way to get better sound (plus a shorter, practical length for portable use).

Seems most of the aftermarket cables cost too much in my view (1/2 the cost of the phones).

Maybe someone else will chime in with ideas I haven't looked into yet. Hope so.

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #4 of 5
I should note that if you're going to use the HD650 cable for the HD25 you'll have to remove a cup and flip it upside down. Basically you'll lose the one ended termination of the cable. My recommendation is the use the HD580/600 cable. It is a bit less thick than the HD650, and terminates to a 1/8". You can squish this into the band of the Hd25 with some small modification to the cable (all you really need to do is break the tape holding the two ends together and readjust it down the line).

There are some threads with pictures in them (do a search for HD25 cable mod or something like that to find them). There is a pretty big difference between stock steel and even the HD580/600 cable... it's nice. You just have way too much cabling for a portable application.

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 5
You are right about the length, it would be nice to cut it down a bit, and I don't really mind two ended termination. So I think I'll go for reterminating a HD650 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back