what portable amp good maching for esw10?
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 5
They are both excellent. I can't even choose which one to use most of the time.

SR-71A gives these phones some really nice bass and soundstaginess... BIG-ness to the sound. Go this route for thumpin beats type of music where you want your bass to be right there.

The P-51 will wow you with a smooth, analytical sound, but at the cost of some of the SR-71A's punch and power. Go this route for jazz / classical type stuff.

The SR-71A definitely sounds plenty detailed to me, but when I switch to the P-51, things somehow seem to come even a tiny bit more into focus.

Personally, if I really had to choose one, I'd go for the SR-71A simply because my music preferences lean in the direction of FATTIE BEATS.

Jan 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Blackbird is out of production (500 units), so your only real choice is the Mustang. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 5
TTVJ Portable Millett is phenomenal with ESW10JPN, if you can live with the 'ping' noise... I'm waiting for my SR71A to arrive, so I'll compare the 2 later.

I'm also impressed by ALO Double Mini; very clear and lucid sound. Flat out great instrument separation & neutrality for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back