What Player for Sennheiser HDV820 + HD800s ?
Jan 29, 2020 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

flohma

New Head-Fier
Hello forum members,

I've had a Sennheiser HDV820 + HD800s combo for a while and am happy with it but for one thing: I'm still looking for the right player to pair with it.

I've played around (pun intended) with my iPhones, AK players, MacBook, iPad etc.

I'm looking for something that
A) is convenient and small and that I can connect permanently to my HDV820 home setup
B) I don't need to unplug from the HDV to charge It (i.e. iPhone, AK player)
C) transmits the digital signal (i.e. not through the analogue headphone jack, but goes into the HDV's USB connection or optical/coax)
D) can receive music from SD/Micro SD cards/USB sticks and also stream from Spotify and my DNLA Music server at home
E) costs less than 300 Euros.

I realize this may be a dumb/weird quest, but since the HDV820 does all the heavy DAC lifting, could you recommend a reasonably priced network player that offers that offers the features above?

Many thanks!

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 9
Hello forum members,

I've had a Sennheiser HDV820 + HD800s combo for a while and am happy with it but for one thing: I'm still looking for the right player to pair with it.

I've played around (pun intended) with my iPhones, AK players, MacBook, iPad etc.

I'm looking for something that
A) is convenient and small and that I can connect permanently to my HDV820 home setup
B) I don't need to unplug from the HDV to charge It (i.e. iPhone, AK player)
C) transmits the digital signal (i.e. not through the analogue headphone jack, but goes into the HDV's USB connection or optical/coax)
D) can receive music from SD/Micro SD cards/USB sticks and also stream from Spotify and my DNLA Music server at home
E) costs less than 300 Euros.

I realize this may be a dumb/weird quest, but since the HDV820 does all the heavy DAC lifting, could you recommend a reasonably priced network player that offers that offers the features above?

Many thanks!
Hi

does this combo work with iPad iOS

if so do i need anything else to make it work

sorry to bother you
Karl

Mar 31, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 9
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab parked on top of my DAC amp to do this job - it has a Micro-SD card on-board with all my FLAC files that I play over USB Audio Player Pro, which can also handle Tidal as well.

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 9
I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab parked on top of my DAC amp to do this job - it has a Micro-SD card on-board with all my FLAC files that I play over USB Audio Player Pro, which can also handle Tidal as well.

Sounds like a good setup, Mightygrey. I assume you connect it not through the smartphone's audio jack but via USB so the Sennheiser DAC does the heavy lifting?

Meanwhile, I found the best setup for me: iPhone 11 Pro sitting on an Apple iPhone dock which is hooked up to the Sennheiser via USB. Only disadvantage: no charging the battery while playing, but since I charge the iPhone overnight that's fine.

Mar 31, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #5 of 9
Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 9
Charging via Qi stand and transmit data via cable out of the iphone itself.
That's what i was pointing to. :wink:

Don't know if it is possible with the Iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back