What phones are used in movie Shopgirl?
May 1, 2006 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
Saw this movie last night and was curious if anyone knew what those huge phones Jason Shwartzman was wearing on the band bus were?Maybe it was just a prop?

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 10
I just got the dvd from Netflix the other night. As soon as I saw the scene you mentioned, I thought there must be a thread about those phones. Surely, some astute head-fier had seen them and long ago identified them. I ran a search and was dismayed to find only one unanswered question. Although it may not be the most important question of the year, still, enquiring minds want to know....."Who makes those strange looking headphones ?" Is the whole of the Head-Fi community actually stumped on this one ? Or is it just that "Shopgirl" isn't high on the list of film choices for the average Head-Fier ? I wasn't a bad film, but I wouldn't have seen it were it not for my wife.

Jun 12, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
I just got the dvd from Netflix the other night. As soon as I saw the scene you mentioned, I thought there must be a thread about those phones. Surely, some astute head-fier had seen them and long ago identified them. I ran a search and was dismayed to find only one unanswered question. Although it may not be the most important question of the year, still, enquiring minds want to know....."Who makes those strange looking headphones ?" Is the whole of the Head-Fi community actually stumped on this one ? Or is it just that "Shopgirl" isn't high on the list of film choices for the average Head-Fier ? I wasn't a bad film, but I wouldn't have seen it were it not for my wife.

sure...
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
jk

Jun 12, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Screencaps would be useful for helping to solve this mystery.

x2

If they were indeed some huge fuglyphones, then Duggeh should be able to solve the mystery in no time with a photo of the scene in question.

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 10
Oh, damn it!

I thought for sure this search would contain the answer!

They look like giant hubcaps. I couldn't make out a brand name, never mind a model number.

And, BTW, I liked the movie.

Clare Danes has such an expressive face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back