What phones are known to go very well with HR-2 amp?
Jan 1, 2006 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I have a Ray Samuels amp shipping to me. I want a headphone that is known to compliment it well. I don't want in ear headphones. Excepting those, what can you recommend that will go well with the HR-2, like red wine and beef?

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 8
Anything.

Though you might just try the better regarded cans out there, so the HD650 and the HF1.

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 8
You probably shoulda chose the phone first. Still, RS amps tend to work well w/ almost anything it seems. No promises though.

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 8
I don't know how I could judge any phones without an amp. To me, the amp is the foundation of any pure headphone system: without it, you can't judge the phones, and to a lesser degree, enjoy the source.

But let's say that those that had phones first, decided that the HR-2 was the best compliment to those phones. What phones did those people have!
etysmile.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
I don't know how I could judge any phones without an amp. To me, the amp is the foundation of any pure headphone system: without it, you can't judge the phones, and to a lesser degree, enjoy the source.

Uhhh...yes you can. My cmoy allows me to judge and enjoy my headphones/sources.

Jan 1, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 8
I like both the Grado SR-60 and Ultimate Ears Ue-10 PRO with my Ray Samuels Emmeline HR-2. I tend to think that this headphone amplifier will make most headphones sound damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back