What percentage of your listening time is spent with your headphones?
Apr 2, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #17 of 52
99.999% headphones, about 8-10 hours per day. I don't have a speaker rig other than Monsoon MM702 speakers for my computer. I've I'm home alone, I'll listen to them. It's never more than a few hours a month.

Apr 3, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #18 of 52
probably about 10% of the time or less. I spend most of my listening with speakers if I can sitting on the couch. I will listen to headphones if I want to listen to music late at night since i'll have the neighbors complain in the apartments beside me.

Apr 3, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #20 of 52
I would say that lately it's been pretty much all speaker listening, since its more practical while moving about the room, which I do often while procrastinating.

Apr 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #21 of 52
um - about 50/50 really.
I am pretty lucky to to have a really nice speaker system (for a college student).
Speaker setup:
Optical 5.1 in
Sony STR-k650P reciever (500W)
5 flat premium NXT tech speakers (have amaing mids!)
Sony 100W powered Subwoofer (uses coaxial signal)

Right now, I am using the headphone out of this receiver and it is pretty clean.

I can't say enough good things about the higher end NXT speakers. You can literally walk around the room and not have those hot spots and low spots, the music just seems to be comming from every direction! Soundstage on these is ridiculously good (mine are completely open on the backside).

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #25 of 52
Probably 75-80/20-25 headphones/speakers

Headphones are mostly at the compter and on the go, speakers are when I am at the other pc or my headphones are bugging my ears.

If i get a speaker rig and better source for my room it will be closer to 50-50 otherwise if i get headphones first headphones will probably be 90

Looking at building some modified Jordan VTLs using a tweeter and a midbass driver instead of the jx92s or whatever the model is

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #28 of 52
I'd say about 25% of the time I use my CD3000, and the other 75% of the time I use my cheap $40 speakers. I really only use my headphones when my roommate is sleeping.

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #29 of 52
Since almost exactly 12 months ago, I woudl say its gone from about 75%/25% headphones/speakers to about 10%/90% headphones/speakers.

(About 12 months ago was when I bought the Quad 21L speakers)

Headphone listening for me has gone the way of critical listening over the last year. It's collapsed. I've moved hugely to speaker-fi and to music-and-not-hardware-fi. Very much thinking about downsizing to just the Stax for headphones.

Once a speaker rig is even half decent if you have the available space and means, its hard to go back to head-fi polygamy it seems.

Apr 3, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #30 of 52
100% headphones.
I do have a decent home theater system tough, but only for movies
smily_headphones1.gif

HT:
Panasonic TH-42PX600E
Topfield TF6000CoC
Oppo Digital OPDV971H
Sony PlayStation 3
Onkyo TX-SR804E
Infinity Cascade Model Nine
Infinity Cascade Model Three V