What PC should I get....
Dec 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

JMURRAY16

New Head-Fier
Looking for an audio only PC - any recommendations?
I will be using it mainly for storage and uploading to my DAP in the beginning.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 66
Do you wanna a bundle or you prefer to set it up yourself. If i was you i would rather go for the second option because you can buy something exacltly for what you need. What's your budget, that's the most important question?

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 66
I suggest building it yourself if your capable or willing to try. You can chose components more suited to needs (ie case (so you can fit more storage in the future) and other quality parts).

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 66
I use an HP Slimline s3530f Media PC - Tiny tower - about 1/3 size of normal towers.-- they are pretty cheap these days. My model is AMD quadcore ... but it also comes in the Intel Core2duo or even the I7 quads.
I got mine for sale ^$650 tower only... 1year ago.
Comes with necessary outputs -spdif, hdmi 1.3?, etc... and has internal DAC [no soundcard tho].-I have external Amp with DAC anyways...

I have it hooked up to my Sharp Aquos LCD TV. Works for me
smily_headphones1.gif

_____________L

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #11 of 66
If you are using a usb audio device, a netbook would be my main choice. You can get the 640gb WD hard drive if you need a lot of storage. They are small, quiet and more than powerful enough to play any music file.

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #13 of 66
It depends how well versed with electronics you are, but its mostly just plugging part A into part B or putting part A into slot B, that is if you are building a desktop, building laptops gets a little more complicated. I am currently on a Samsung NC10 netbook and I have experienced no problems with it other than getting used to the keyboard, it starts fast, runs fast enough, and the keyboard is decently spacious, but is still an adjustment from a full size keyboard.
Now onto parts, it depends how much you want the computer to be able to do, will you be doing a lot of encoding? Will you use it to play games also? All of these things factor into the part choices you will make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back