What pairs well with a UM3X?
Jan 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chicagojammer

Head-Fier
My 6 year old Ipod just died, and I was looking at replacing it for my all purpose media player. I plan on running with this thing, keep in mind i was fine running with this 3rd gen ipod so i dont need a tiny clip player or anything.

I mostly listen to rock and right now im using my palm pre with my um3x, the sound is very flat on the pre, no eq settings....I seem to prefer warm sound music but love detail. I was looking at the S9 but was worried it would have the same flat sound. I also was worried about too much hiss....any um3x owners out there care to make suggestions? Oh I am also not looking to carry an external amp.

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 3
The Sony X sounds magnificent with the UM3X. I had a Cowon i7 but now the UM3X sounds way better: wider soundstage, more details, tighter bass,... I would describe this combo as natural, smooth and extremely musical. If you can effort this DAP than you should give it a chance. It also has the best build quality and the UI is wonderful with the touch controls.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 3
the new sonys (845?) have the same internals correct? I dont think i will really use the media playing portion of the X player so im hopping the new ones are cheaper. 399 for 32 gig is too much I know it was 100 less for awhile but it looks like it went back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back