What pairs well with a Sansa Clip?
Feb 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree the Clip can't drive the PFEs very well, at least not my Clip (nor yours, apparently). They do sound good, but it's frustrating. I add the E5 and it helps, but sometimes, depending on the track, still not enough volume. And I am not talking stick-your-head-in-the-tower volume either. Perplexed about it, cause some other HFers say they have their Clip at halfway with the PFEs and it's enough. Can't understand how.

There's a Normal/High volume setting in the Clip:
Settings -> Volume -> High

Unlikely that you wouldn't have noticed this, but it's my best guess...

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, mine is set to high, always has been. Thanks though.

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 37
Try the Audio-Technica ATH-CK7 or Sony MDR-EX90LP. You can order them for well under US$100 from Amazon.com.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Agree the Clip can't drive the PFEs very well, at least not my Clip (nor yours, apparently). They do sound good, but it's frustrating. I add the E5 and it helps, but sometimes, depending on the track, still not enough volume. And I am not talking stick-your-head-in-the-tower volume either. Perplexed about it, cause some other HFers say they have their Clip at halfway with the PFEs and it's enough. Can't understand how.

The listening volumes may vary?

Some people have trained themselves to love music at very low levels (from what I read)

Feb 15, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

My primary DAP is a Fuze, which is the same output wise as the clip (and my wife has a Clip). I did not notice any difference when the volume is normal vs. high. I leave it set to high.

PFEs can be driven by the Clip no problem for about 95% of my music. There have been a few occasions where I turned the volume to 100% and wanted a little more. Also, with the PFE, battery life comes into play with the higher volume. Maybe an E5 would help with that!

My main IEM is the IE8, and they sound great with the Fuze, but admittedly not as great as with my computer setup.

Feb 15, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

No, mine is set to high, always has been. Thanks though.

What hardware revision is your clip? (What does Settings -> System information say?) Maybe there's some kind of difference between the rev. 1 and 2 devices.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #24 of 37
Using IE8 with sansa clip here. I think it a good pair

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

What hardware revision is your clip? (What does Settings -> System information say?) Maybe there's some kind of difference between the rev. 1 and 2 devices.

2.01.16 on the 8GB model, v2
1.01.30 on the 1GB model, v1 (a Woot! refurb)

I believe these are the latest firmwares, both support FLAC.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

2.01.16 on the 8GB model, v2
1.01.30 on the 1GB model, v1 (a Woot! refurb)

I believe these are the latest firmwares, both support FLAC.

Then maybe you just like listening louder than most...

Feb 15, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #29 of 37
As an aside, I've noticed a strange bug with the Clip.

Sometimes, after meddling with the EQ settings, the volume suddenly goes down. However, if you again start up the EQ menu, the volume rises... definitely suggesting something weird going on.

And yeah.. even I dont notice any difference between the "normal" and "loud" volume settings

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using IE8 with sansa clip here. I think it a good pair

Isn't using the Sennheiser IE8 with the Sansa Clip almost ridiculous overkill for that little player?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back