What other tips fit the JVC FX33 Marshmallows?
Aug 3, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 9
The Comply T500 tips barely fit. It's really tight, but there is a fitting sleeve on the JVC nozzle that comes off. After you remove them, the T500 slip on easily.

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 9
The silicone tips used on the shure e2c work great.

The comply t400 works well if you still have the rubber nozzle. If not, try using some tape to make it a bit thicker.

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 9
The Ultimate ears tip fits the marshmallows fine. My favourite tips with the marshmallows is the orange e2c foamies, as they seal well, tone down the bass a tad and brighten up the treble/mids a bit.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 9
I'm currently using some spare Ety ER4-P triflange tips.

I had to insert a little plastic pipe in inside to provide a little more rigidity and also open up the sound specially the upper range. If you don't do this they tend to sound muddy. An other very important thing is that you may require to insert the haedphones upside down, having the cable wrapping around my ears (I've big ears), doing so gives more room for the tips to go really deep inside. They are very comfy to.

I have to say this headphones sound very good with this tips, much better than the stock ones, probably because it does not leak audio at all and provide an almost perfect isolation. I can compare the sound to the ER4-P except for the mids/high resolution but you get better bass on the other hand.

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The silicone tips used on the shure e2c work great.

The comply t400 works well if you still have the rubber nozzle. If not, try using some tape to make it a bit thicker.

I think you're thinking of the FX34's. The FX33's are the same size as the T400 without tape. The FX34's need the tape or the rubber nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back