What other tips fit the Image X10?
Dec 13, 2008 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
I just received my Image X10 today. Been auditioning them, and so far I'm finding the tips only so-so. Having come from the Shure E500, I don't find these as comfortable as them so far.

I've noticed they're VERY sensitive to placement, even the slightest adjustment alters the sound immensely. I've also found that all of the tips go in too deep, and the highs suffer. I've never had to use large tips before, but that's what I've found fits the best so far, which still isn't great.

So, are there any other tips that someone can recommend that would make these fit better and offer a better seal? Or is this just the design of the Image in general, a deeper fit?

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #2 of 5
comply tips work well for me--they're on the Comply website. Might also try the Shure Olives. I have NOT, but they may work too. But for me the Complys do the trick

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 5
the small comply tips work great for me...comfortable and better isolation than the stock tips they came with

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't find the single tips that deep. They seem no deeper than any other IEM besides Ety's because those you have to get out with tweezers. I have noticed they are sensitive to positioning also. The stock tips are oval so maybe that's where you're having the problems? I've stuck my Klipsch tips on my Er6i so I'm guessing vice versa works also but those go in deep. So do the Comply's. I think it's going to be hard to find tips that go less deep into the ear that fit on the x10's.

You could go to the comply website and maybe see which one's use the t100 tips because that's what the x10s use and then from there see if the people find the stock tips of that IEM comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back