What other music can I find like this?
Aug 27, 2007 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't want to call it funk, but you can't completely call it hip-hop or turntablism...well, you can, cause funk is encompassed by hip-hop...well, depending on who you ask, lol.

Anyhow, I want to find more music of similar sound:

http://www.myspace.com/oicdn

I know it's kinda a plug to my myspace page, but rather than killing my server with 80 million head-fiers DLing or streaming(you bastards) the mp3 file, I would just have it playing on my page and let people bombard myspaces servers, lol.

Anybody else able to recommend some more music of that genre? I know it's a remixed original....and I don't want the original. I want the funky remixed sound. Upbeat, punchy, catchy, and fun to listen to.

Basically, I want to be able to break to it, and/or be able to just jam out while surfin the web...I want more music like that.

Anybody?

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 8
DJ Shadow DOES NOT sound like that, neither does Massive Attack....

But you say RJD2??? Hmm...gonna check them out...

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DJ Shadow DOES NOT sound like that, neither does Massive Attack....

But you say RJD2??? Hmm...gonna check them out...

Wha?! You've got to get Dead Ringer. Kind of similar to endtroducing. Perhaps not you were originally however.

And this thread reminds of a CD I forgot to pick up ages ago - Funk Spectrum Volume 1 by DJ Shadow and Keb Darge. Amazon UK doesn't even have it stock anymore
frown.gif
(used to cost £10 hence why I never bought it). I just had a look at Amazom.com. $99!!!
blink.gif
Can't find it on eBay too.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Hmm...I've listened to pretty much every Shadow song, and his stuf is more trip-hop...not really upbeat funk like that. Coldcut is probably the closest out of the Ninja Tune/Mowax peoples.....

I dunno, I'm having a hard time finding music like that thought....

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 8
Nothing comes to mind that is exactly what you're after but have you got ''The Funky 16 Corners''? Its a collection of various obscure artists from the 70's made into a compilation by the Stones' Throw label i.e home to Madlib and co.

Ooooo thats it. Check out Breakestra! (yet another artist I've forgotten to check out
mad.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back