What other high-ends are really bright (like AKG)
Jun 16, 2019 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ry_goody

100+ Head-Fier
There are a lot of flagship headphones out there now. I am curious, what other headphones have comparably bright treble to say the AKG K812? While still keeping deepest of sub-bass of course.

I tried the Audeze MX-4 and they were nice, but treble was very tuned down.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Absolutely concur with the HE1000se. Smooth treble extension, while retaining the typically rumbling sub-bass of planar magnetic headphones.

If you want to jump into the next tier, Abyss headphones are also well-known for hard-hitting bass with TOTL treble. Almost too much for me on both ends.

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #7 of 7
There are a lot of flagship headphones out there now. I am curious, what other headphones have comparably bright treble to say the AKG K812? While still keeping deepest of sub-bass of course.

I tried the Audeze MX-4 and they were nice, but treble was very tuned down.

In my opinion, a truly bright sounding headphone would be something like a Beyerdynamic DT880, or a T70. I haven't heard the K812 or the T1 yet so I can't compare the T70 to those two. But the T70 was Beyerdynamic's flagship closed-back headphone at one point. It has a great quality of bass, but it is quiet compared to the treble/high frequencies. It can go deep though if you use it with the right equipment.
I wouldn't consider a headphone that has a naturally aspirated deep, rumbling bass as bright sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back