What other headphones would I like?
Sep 9, 2003 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Gabriel Possenti
I really enjoy the sound of my Sennheiser 600s. What other phones do you think I would like? I find myself preferring a wide soundstage. What are your suggestions?

Of the 'phones I have, the Sony CD 3000s provide a very wide soundstage, and to my ears, a very smooth, detailed sound. The AKG K501s have a very wide soundstage as well, but can be a bit bass light unless provided with enough power. For the ultimate in wide soundstage, look to the AKG K1000s.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 11
I 2cnd the CD-3000, and would get the Cardas cable upgrade for your Senn's if you don't have it already.

Sep 9, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 11
Grato. Need I say more?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just kidding. Here is vote number four ("numert fier") for the MDR-CD3000 - but only if you have the proper amp for those 'phones. If you have only a crap amp, then nothing will have a properly wide soundstage (that is, everything will have either a restricted, narrow soundstage or a supa-exaggerated, overly wide soundstage).

Sep 9, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 11
Heehee... I have some of those on order already! Hope they sound as good. Do you think the Antique Sound Labs OTL will power them efficiently?

Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Of the 'phones I have, the Sony CD 3000s provide a very wide soundstage, and to my ears, a very smooth, detailed sound. The AKG K501s have a very wide soundstage as well, but can be a bit bass light unless provided with enough power. For the ultimate in wide soundstage, look to the AKG K1000s.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2003 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 11
Isn't the ASL made for high Imp. phones? Unless you have the OTL32?

Sep 10, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 11
My experience of low impedance phones with MG Head wasn't very good (Grado SR-225). You might want to get an amp that's more versatile. But I dont know for sure because I just got my CD3000 and my Head is sold already.

CD3000 throws a wide open soundstage, more so than my HD-580
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Gabriel Possenti
Shoot. Hate to have to buy another amp! Wonder if anyone's tried them with the RA-1? Mine pops pretty loud when I turn it on...

The Ra-1 is notorious for popping when you turn it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back