What on earth is Sony thinking?
Nov 20, 2004 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I damage the silver connector on my V6, so I called Sony the other day, the csr told me that I have two options to choose from. 1st is to exchange for a similar item & value. Since my purchase was over 3 months old, they charge $126 for the exchange, RIGHT! $126 for an exchange!! What on earth are they smoking?

So basically the first option is gone, the 2nd option is that I send it in for repair and they will charge me $43 and it will take 7 to 14 days. Now, I really love the V6, but $43 is a lot for a $70 headphone. So what do you guys think? Should I send in for repair or buy a new one? WHat would u do?

And has anyone had experience with Sony's repair service?

Nov 20, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Buy a new one. Sony's repair service (especially for headphones) right now is complete junk. Look up my story of my attempt to get my CD3k's to get fixed. Long story short, it would've cost me $330+ to 'replace' with a REFURB (which of course I did not do), got a bull**** statement saying that Sony no longer repairs ANY headphones, and my CD3k's were gone for over 2 months. When they DID arrive back to me (un-fixed, dead right driver), it did not seem like it was in the condition I shipped it out in.

Since your problem seems to be only a broken connector plug, I'm sure anyone here with DIY skills can replace it. I know it's a special connector with a screw-on 1/4" adapter I think, but I'm sure soldering on a regular 1/8 or 1/4" plug would not be a prob (or even a full cable replacement).

So basically my advice is to don't send Sony anything, go buy new ones or get it fixed somewhere else.

Nov 20, 2004 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Oh dear! That's horrible! Soupy I knew you had a cd 3000 in for repair, I didn't follow the thread, didn't know it didn't turn out well.

My pair still look and smell like new, I really want to keep it
frown.gif
Anyone from Los Angeles who think he can do the repair? PM me plz.

Nov 20, 2004 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 5
I think you can find someone else to fix it for you. My friend damaged something in hes AT900's, instead of sending it for repair he gave it to some one who lives next to him, he got it back in 30 minutes fixed for 10$.

You can also take it to a local electronics shop, I belive they will kniw what to do, or at least direct you to the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back