What (on-ear bluetooth?) headphones are these in this picture?
Mar 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TxdoHawk

New Head-Fier
Hi, I was reading through a Verge laptop review when I noticed a shot of these headphones:

http://i.imgur.com/im1KmVR.jpg

I've been looking to get a set of bluetooth on-ears and these look potentially appealing. I have no idea who makes them or what they are though. (I tried asking the author of the review, but he hasn't responded.) Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 2
After some research into the best Bluetooth over-the-ear headphones, at reasonable cost, I came upon the name "Harman-Kardon". To anyone around in the 60's the name would be familiar. I believe the company started in the 50's by an engineer who started out making P.A. systems. A pioneer of early "Hi-Fi", the name "Harman-Kardon" has long been associated with high-end audio gear. While comparing devices such as "Parrot Zik", " Sennheiser", and "Sony", all several hundred dollars, I came across "Harman-Kardon Harkar BT's". After perusing their website I realized I could purchase a pair of their high-end Bluetooth headphones with great specs with a retail price of about $249, "Factory-Reconditioned" for a budget-friendly $97! So I ordered them, paid for UPS's 2-day shipping, and with FL tax they arrived at my door for $112!
These headphones are unbelievably great-sounding. Flawless high and midrange, and outstanding solid bass. Impeccably engineered, superbly comfortable, and not an iota of static even while streaming audio through WiFi, which I had read could be a problem due to sharing a similar 2.4Ghz frequency. Honestly, they blew me away! They come with 2 different size headbands, which I opted for the large. A handy carrying case, a USB charging cable, and a 3.5mm audio cable for optional wired use! Really a well-made product with serious engineering integrity. I have never heard such great sound through any set of headphones, wired or wireless. From Dave Brubek, Steely Dan to Miles Davis and Pink Floyd, my flac files sound incredible! The MP3's are great-sounding as well. I am so glad I took a chance on reconditioned, there is absolutely no physical or audible sign that these were not brand-spanking new. And they come with the same 2-year unconditional warranty. Ah... unadulterated studio-quality sound, and no wires!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back