What Obscure Headphones Have You Found Online?
Jan 24, 2023 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Waxletter

New Head-Fier
When it comes to the rabbit hole that is Hifi, there are a lot of products that don't really show up on the surface too often. Every once in a while, while I'm looking through these forums or just doing a basic Google image search, I'll see a pair of hifi cans that have gone relatively unnoticed or haven't been discussed in years.

Take these for example:
Feaulle

The Faeulle Century is one of the only HD600-based designs I've seen by any company other than Sennheiser, and the only reason I know about them is because of a meme someone posted on Reddit yesterday.

Wholesale SOMIC V2 Over-ear Gaming Headphone Stereo 3.5mm Jack Corded  Headphone Music DJ HiFi Sound Headset from China | TVC-Mall.com

The Somic V2 was once rated as a contender for "best headphone under $50," and now it's only available on a wholesale store that doesn't even pop up in Google's shopping section.

Other Examples:
German Maestro
MB Quart's China Exclusive Headphones (Ex. MB Quart M3)
Pioneer's 1970s Piezoelectric Line (Ex. Pioneer SE700)
Alternate HD280 Colors
AKG K240S Red Version
Sony's Old Open-Air Line (Ended with the MDRMA900)
Sennheiser's HD5X5 Line (Ex. HD545)
Bluedio's Multi-Driver Headphones
Yamaha and Fostex's Old Orthodynamics
Audio Technica's ATH-900 line (Ex. ATH-911)
Sennheiser HD1000

What obscure headphones have you guys found?

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Found and owned:
Music Master e1000i. 2000e planar headphone from unknown manufacturer.
Way overpriced when build quality is concerned. Sounded okay, slightly weird tonality but large soundstage.
800-900e would be appropriate.
1674666055381.png

Jan 25, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Found and owned:
Music Master e1000i. 2000e planar headphone from unknown manufacturer.
Way overpriced when build quality is concerned. Sounded okay, slightly weird tonality but large soundstage.
800-900e would be appropriate.
1674666055381.png
Neat! It kinda reminds me of a Hifiman but with a Beyer-style band. Wish the more obscure planar companies had lower prices, but I guess they don't get enough money as is.

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #4 of 4
I am always on the look out for something different. Going through the four letter forum recently I found a new planar headphone called the Bee from Nectar Sound. The thread on Head-Fi is Much smaller than the thread on the other forum.

It is a one man operation and I ordered a pair on Tuesday. Supposed to be bassy fun. It will be like owning my Little Dot MK9, I will almost never run into another owner. :smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back