What Next?
Mar 31, 2016 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kpfeifle

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I have remained an active user in the hobby, but have not purchased anything in a while. Thinking it might be time to look at that. Looking for some ideas, my amp is a Woo WA6SE. Not looking to change it, I quite like the amp and have purchased enough extra tubes to probably last me the rest of my life.

My main headphone is the Beyer T1 (first edition). I know it would probably be better with an OTL amp, but it sounds great to me. Very quick and excellent bass.

I also love the Grado signature. I have an HF2 and a home built Symph. V5 in mahogany cups. Was thinking about the RS1/RS2/HF1, but not really sure how much better they would be over what I have.

I have the Sen HD600 with the original Blue Dragon replacement cord. Love this for classical music and some jazz. Very nice headphone I can't see getting rid of.

Last can is a HE-400 with an upgraded cord. Wanted to try an ortho and not spend a ton. Honestly I like the quickness, but the T1 seems just as quick and has equal bass.

So if I did want to try something, keeping in mind that it would be driven by the Woo, what should I look at? Thinking of keeping it under a grand. Maybe an Audize EL-8? Could also do the low level Stax combo for that price...anything else I should think about? Looking for maybe a different sound signature then what I have to play with.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back