What next? $200 budget upgrade
May 8, 2003 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KentWang

New Head-Fier
Here's my setup:

Winamp (MAD) -> Audigy1 -> V6 (Beyer velour mod)

I also have a MX500, Sporta Pro and a KSC-35 on the way. I used to use them with my Sony N1 MD player, but they've fallen into disuse. I might get an iPod next year, but for now portable use is a very low priority for me.

I've been using this setup for about a year and feel that I'm at least somewhat introduced to the world of good audio. Details are significantly clear and am noticing that my Logitech 560's are missing a lot of ****. Comparing to stock headphones is a joke. I've always taken care of my ears and can't stand going to most live shows (in Austin, the live music capital of the world) because they're too ass-loud!

I listen to rap and metal primarily. Classical and trance when I'm doing homework, so I'm not paying very close attention then.

Closed, open, and buds would all be OK. I really like the comfort of my velour V6's so if I'm upgrading my headphones, they'd better be comfortable.

So, the question is with about a $200 budget how should I upgrade?

I'm guessing I should either get a better sound card (M-Audio Revolution) and/or an amp.

May 8, 2003 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 2
I say you look into getting a new pair of headphones. With the amount of money that you want to spend, this is how you will notive the most bang for your buck. The amp, or source upgrade will be less noticable in your system as it is currently. Then once you have nicer headphones, and you get more money, you can start to work with the amp and source stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back