what need to be upgraded ?
Apr 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TontonJoK

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I owned a Xcan v3 with some good tubes and an audio technica w1000x, I listen mainly from xfi fatality on the pc (mp3 320k)
I am woundering which part I should change to improve the sound (i know i listen to mp3 but i'd like to keep on cause it s easy and have a lot)
I 'd like better vocals and smoother treble and a better sound in general

I sold denon d2000 and seinn hd 650 because they didn't sound good in my opinion

Should i get better headphone or amp
Thanks a lot

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Hello,

I owned a Xcan v3 with some good tubes and an audio technica w1000x, I listen mainly from xfi fatality on the pc (mp3 320k)
I am woundering which part I should change to improve the sound (i know i listen to mp3 but i'd like to keep on cause it s easy and have a lot)
I 'd like better vocals and smoother treble and a better sound in general

I sold denon d2000 and seinn hd 650 because they didn't sound good in my opinion

Should i get better headphone or amp
Thanks a lot

look into a dedicated DAC and lossless tunes (if your going to encode, you mind as well go lossless)

i haven't hear the w1000x or the Xcan V3, but in my opinion, a good DAC and lossless files are a must.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 6
what the average price for a good DAC and do you suggest one ?

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 6
I have a audio gd dac19mk3-think it was 350$ used. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Lavry da10 (about 1k new). I have only heard the ibasso d4 and the dacmagic, the audio gd beats them both.

Buying used will give your money the most power. How much do you want to spend? I have been reading great stuff on the da10, there's one now in the FS section for 750$.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 6
The dac will replace the sound card in the pc right ?
Is it worth it ?
I don t want to spend more than 500 $

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Ya- you would go USB out to a DAC or go out USB and convert to spdif (less jitter) (unless you have a mac, optical out) then to the DAC. Yes it's worth it. 500$ is more than enough to get an improvement (this is not snake oil) I picked up my audio gd for under 400$ well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back