What music makes your hair stand up?
Apr 30, 2003 at 10:42 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by TWIFOSP
Yea, I'm starting to think drugs would be cheaper.

haha, for sure... pop an e and you will be getting goose bumps for a couple of hours straight - and that on any old speakers. though, the selection has to be right. : )

but on the long run... i don't know, i think its more expensive living, but better then a cheap death, eh?

A few Lamb tracks, Beth Gibbons voice (currently listening to Out of Season) and Bjork. Mostly female vocalist.

Apr 30, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
Ravel: William Tell Overture ...]

We have Rossini, not Ravel, to thank for the Wm Tell Overture AKA Lone Ranger Theme.

I'll add my $0.02: The climax of the Sanctus from Faure's Requiem.

May 1, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #33 of 45
Charlotte Church - The Water is Wide
Eric Satie - Gynmopedie No. 1
And that song from Madame Butterfly where that lady is waiting for the guy.

May 1, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Odi_et_Amo
We have Rossini, not Ravel, to thank for the Wm Tell Overture AKA Lone Ranger Theme.

I'll add my $0.02: The climax of the Sanctus from Faure's Requiem.

redface.gif
Thanks for the correction. This may explain why Rossini's Bolero sounds so odd the last few days.
wink.gif

May 2, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #37 of 45
Darn! Someone beat me to Górecki!

Although I was going to say Miserere instead of the 3rd. Both give me chills, though. Once I was listening to Miserere and I was so withdrawn in the music that when my roomate tapped me on the shoulder I literally jumped from my chair. Very intense!

--Chris

May 2, 2003 at 5:01 AM Post #38 of 45
Two words: Yoko Ono. Oh man, my stomach is turning just typing that name.

May 2, 2003 at 1:13 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Two words: Yoko Ono. Oh man, my stomach is turning just typing that name.

Haha, I think you missed the point of the post, but good one! hehe

May 2, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #40 of 45
Hey...no one said that your hair had to stand up in a positive way...I agree..my hairs now want to stand up and leave.
wink.gif

May 2, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #41 of 45
ANYTHING BY GOOD CHARLOTTE. ESPECIALLY THEIR OLDER STUFF.

May 2, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by TWIFOSP
Haha, I think you missed the point of the post, but good one! hehe

Nope, I just didn't assume it to be a positive thing.
wink.gif
With the new headphone rig complete almost every disc I now listen to has the effect of making my hairs stand up. It is incredible to hear something analog sounding from digital gear. It's breath taking it is so good now.

May 2, 2003 at 8:00 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Hey...no one said that your hair had to stand up in a positive way...I agree..my hairs now want to stand up and leave.
wink.gif

If that's the case, Forward March by Pat Metheny on the album First Circle will make your hair stand up and make a music major's eyes water & ears bleed. It sounds like a 7th grade band their first time on the field trying to play a college level piece. (after that piece, you can't complain about anything else on the album
wink.gif
)

I dare you! I double dare you!

and any college music majors, I Double Dog Dare You!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
If that's the case, Forward March by Pat Metheny on the album First Circle will make your hair stand up and make a music major's eyes water & ears bleed. It sounds like a 7th grade band their first time on the field trying to play a college level piece. (after that piece, you can't complain about anything else on the album
wink.gif
)

I dare you! I double dare you!

and any college music majors, I Double Dog Dare You!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I saw the Pat Metheney Group on the STILL LIFE (TALKING) tour and they actually performed it! They all played instruments they didn't know play, apparently. Similar to the Replacements, who had a song called HOOTENANY where they all switch instruments. I saw them play that live too.. funny stuff. BTW the rest of the Pat Metheney Group concert was incredible.. one of those I wish I could go back in time for!

-jar

May 3, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

They all played instruments they didn't know play, apparently. Similar to the Replacements, who had a song called HOOTENANY where they all switch instruments.

I've done this with some of my friends (old band mates) and it's increadibly fun and hysterically funny..and yes sometimes even stomach turning
biggrin.gif

It works out especially well if you're a really good musician. I usually choose the drums since I can pretty much play any wind, brass, horn, string instrument you throw at me..so it's a challenge. I usually wind up sounding like an epileptic having a grand seizsure though. (Good for coltrane-espue improves
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back