What music is truly euphoric
Oct 4, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
Can we just post single tracks, I find it much harder to find an album as a whole to be euphoric, it's usually a few songs that stand out more or less. Here's something totally different than I posted previously and it's only a short/beginning part of it but the video was so nice so had to pick it. :)

EDIT: A bit longer, still nicely edited video...

Quote:

Always cheers me up and it's among the most beautiful music I have ever heard, especially Durante's Magnificat. Simply sublime.

Wow classical usually makes me sleep, but this didn't. Reminds me of the show Tudors.

Quote:
Mozart Piano Concertos make me very happy. But they're like ice cream. At some point you have to stop.

Hmm...I'll give Mozart another try, but I find him more relaxing than euphoric. Except Magic Flute, he was truly a genius.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 30

Quote:

On for the drum n bass lovers. Although this is one of my favorite tracks, period.

LTJ Bukem - Rhodes To Freedom

I thought this genre was called World music anyway great find.

^DaftMonk you're suggestions are OMG, where have you been, damn it. You could have saved me hundreds, from buying CD's that don't quite cut it. Thanks, now my wallet cries in pain:wink:

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #19 of 30

Quote:
I thought this genre was called World music anyway great find.

^DaftMonk you're suggestions are OMG, where have you been, damn it. You could have saved me hundreds, from buying CD's that don't quite cut it. Thanks, now my wallet cries in pain:wink:

…not sure if my radar's correct, but if this track fits the bill (forget the vid), I'd say go out and get Moon Safari

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 30
Here are some tracks that I find intensely euphoric:
Flaming Lips - feeling yourself disintegrate
Phish - Reba ( especially about 5:30 into the track)
This Will Destroy You - Quiet
Dire Straits - You and your friends
Opeth- The Twilight is My Robe
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
Pavement- Rattled By the Rush
Rush- After Image
ZZ Top- Rough Boy
Flaming Lips- Do You Realize
Agallach- Limbs
I - Cursed We are
Destroyer- Downtown

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 30

Quote:

Lurking, as usual. Still a novice in terms of audiophilia, but an experienced music lover. Also, I consider myself an intern in the "school of wonder"; I live for this kind of yearning, almost alchemical music.

Thanks for your kind words! Here's a few more songs.

^ You've probably seen this, and it's far from perfect, but it never fails to make me shiver.

^ Joe Hisaishi is likely my favourite composer ever... probably because I'm a major Miyazaki fan and have been all my life, and Hisaishi's music creates that second layer of experience that lives in me far longer than the images do. Can't you just feel what they feel in that second video, their dance? Ah, it's just pure beauty, the whole lot. And yes, I am very biased.

Andrew Bird - Tenuousness [Live From The Basement]

^ My one non-YouTube link... you need to hear this from the basement. God, it's perfect.

^ More Röyksopp. Gah.

^ A Polish dark ambient producer, Jacaszek's music is melancholic to the core, but beautiful in its pain.

^ Along the same lines... there is euphoria to be found in loneliness, in darkness, in mystery.

^ Comus's 1971 album "First Utterance" remains an absolutely favourite album of mine. Psychedelic folk that is so utterly "other".

^ So as not to leave on a depressing note! :D

Guess that's enough for now.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #24 of 30
^DaftMonk
Holy S**t!, Eric Whiteacre (I'm getting all his albums), I was planning to get some more Hiroshima and Xiao Ying albums, I love Asian composers, do you know of any Japanese or Chinese Harp composers?
Not really feeling Royksopp or Comus though, but I'll try their Greatest Hits albums if they have one.
Jacaszek and Deaf Center is what I've been always missing with Lacuna Coil's new material, in fact, all old Gothic Metal I've heard is much better than the new material they're dishing out these days, I dunno what has happened to metal.
I think you single handedly opened my eyes to explore more genres, in fact do you have a Last.fm account, if you don't mind, or if that's too private, then maybe a Youtube account, I wanna get your whole music library:) not that I want to kill my thread, but yes 'Keep the tunes rollin , some truly intriguing stuff !' We all wanna listen to your music, old and new.
Not to heap so much praise on ya, but Rarely do I find someone, that excels my musical tastes so highly, this hasn't happened since my friend introduced me to Jazz and I discovered Female Fronted metal, I'm so happy I made this thread. I'm going back to listen to Eric Whiteacre...there it is... Ahhh....euphoric bliss.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #25 of 30

Quote:
Here are some tracks that I find intensely euphoric:
Flaming Lips - feeling yourself disintegrate
Phish - Reba ( especially about 5:30 into the track)
This Will Destroy You - Quiet
Dire Straits - You and your friends
Opeth- The Twilight is My Robe
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
Pavement- Rattled By the Rush
Rush- After Image
ZZ Top- Rough Boy
Flaming Lips- Do You Realize
Agallach- Limbs
I - Cursed We are
Destroyer- Downtown

Funny story, I bought two Otep albums mistaking them for Opeth long ago, Otep is terrible...getting this single now. The others, I'll get later, I want to get  DaftMonk suggestions first, to save cash if you don't mind coz if I listen to yours I'll spend another £100 and I was planning to get some neutral sounding HFI 680's too:)

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #28 of 30
The sebene in any soukous track. "Malou" on Extra Ball by Loketo is a good starting point for those not familiar with the genre.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #30 of 30
Recently, this group has hooked me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back