What music have you mistakenly played for children?
Dec 8, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #16 of 23
Another one of my favorite mistakes occured rather accidentally. After Halloween my college hosted a pumpkin smashing event. Baisically people would bring their old pumpkins and then smash them with baseball bats, sledge hammers, and the such. It was a little crazy I know, but hey midterms are like that. Anyway they had a stereo blasting appropriate music for the event. One of the songs they played was "Sex and Violence" by, well, I have no idea who. The only lyrics to it were sex and violence repeated over and over again.

So as I'm leaving the event (it was getting a little crazy for my blood, somebody had brought in a fire axe) I see this mother and her 6 year old daughter walking through campus. I dunno they must have been visiting someone. Anyway the daughter turns her head to the mother and says "What is this song about?" and the mother says, in a confused voice, "I don't know honey, I just don't know."

I felt kind of bad.
frown.gif
But I have to admit I found it a little funny.

Dec 8, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #17 of 23
"sex and violence" is by Exploited.

I found trip-hop extremely unsettling when I was in elementary school (hooverphonics and sneakerpimps got a lot of airplay back then.), but now it is soothing and comforting to me... not to mention one of my favorite genres.

Songs not to be played to kids:
anything by AxCx
big man with a gun by NIN

Dec 14, 2002 at 6:20 AM Post #21 of 23
Watching TV w/ my 18 month old son, just flipping channels, when my daughter calls me out of the room. I came back in to discover that I'd stopped on Great American Country, and he's now dancing to some dude with a cowboy hat and obligatory mullet. "Sorry, son. Let's listen to some real music - here we go, Dead Kennedy's 'Riot'."

Dec 15, 2002 at 12:01 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by starch
Watching TV w/ my 18 month old son, just flipping channels, when my daughter calls me out of the room. I came back in to discover that I'd stopped on Great American Country, and he's now dancing to some dude with a cowboy hat and obligatory mullet. "Sorry, son. Let's listen to some real music - here we go, Dead Kennedy's 'Riot'."

lol... Quick thinking... Highly commendable.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back