What music have you mistakenly played for children?
Dec 4, 2002 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

blip

Headphoneus Supremus
I was reading through the "What music do you play for your children" thread and I had a memory of my 9-year old cousin crying when I tried to introduce her to the magical world of trip hop. (Massive Attack is aparently frightening to children, who would have guessed?) Anyway, I was listening to it through headphones and she wanted to hear what I was listening too... Ahh memories.

I also remember hearing stories from friends who similarly tried to introduce their brothers, sisters etc to everything from Goth to heavy metal with similar effects.

So I was wondering, what music have you played for children and then REALLY wished that you hadn't.

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 23
NSYNC
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
NSYNC
biggrin.gif

confused.gif
WTFIT
confused.gif

Dec 5, 2002 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

NSYNC
biggrin.gif

Was that a bad idea because it upset them... or because they liked it?
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 23
I was playing Fatboy Slim's "You've come a long way, baby" when I accidentally let it get to track 3. For those who havn't heard it, instead of a random soundeffect or voice clip looped and distorted, it is a 3 second clip saying "Fatboy slim is ****ing in heaven" repeated the entire track at different frequencies.

Dec 5, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Because they liked it, and all weekend when I babysat them that's all I heard.

Ouch... You poor man. I feel your pain, a couple of people in my dorm have similar tastes and like to play it LOUDLY.

Dec 5, 2002 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Squalish
I was playing Fatboy Slim's "You've come a long way, baby" when I accidentally let it get to track 3. For those who havn't heard it, instead of a random soundeffect or voice clip looped and distorted, it is a 3 second clip saying "Fatboy slim is ****ing in heaven" repeated the entire track at different frequencies.

Hee hee, and what did you learn today lil Billy?

Dec 5, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #9 of 23
Well, I made the huge mistake of playing Blink 182's "Happy Holidays You person" from the "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" (explicit version) album in front of my 12 year old daughter. It was the first time I listened to the album and I didn't see her walk in the room as this song started playing. Her face turned red and she asked me "Dad, what in the world are you listening to?"

Yikes! So, one hot fudge sundae at Dairy Queen later I got her promise not to tell mom!

Rich

Dec 6, 2002 at 2:29 PM Post #12 of 23
I have not played this to kids (because I have the presence of mind!) but the album that comes to mind as a big No-No, is:

Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst

the intro track seems to be an excerpt from a *****, while track 10, "A visit to the gynecologyst", makes even ME blush.

Track Samples on Amazon

Dec 7, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by richpjr

Yikes! So, one hot fudge sundae at Dairy Queen later I got her promise not to tell mom!

Rich

lol... It sounds like you got a bargain on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back