What Music Download Store?
Dec 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mikrofonkabel

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I am looking for a place to buy my music from.

I used Itunes for a while now, but
a) had to change country => can't redownload anything
b) don't want to be tied to Apple any longer 

So the store I am looking for should have
a) NO VBR!!!
b) at least 256 kbps (better would be 320 kbps or flac/wav)
    basically: the higher the quality, the better (if possible, I do not want to be able to hear the difference to flac with my headphones {psb m4u2})
c) a big selection (the reason I went from buying cds to downloads is the fact that a lot of the more unknown artists do only offer their music in DL stores)
d) availability in germany (or no country restrictions)

I am not looking for a streaming service, I want to buy, download and own :wink:

I already looked into:
a) Amazon (-) because VBR
b) emusic.com (-) because VBR
c) 7digital (o) i don't get why they sell some songs with 256 kbps, but others with 320... selection, also a bunch of german artists are missing

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 5
I have been using artistxite.com a bit. It is a German company, so maybe they have more German stuff. Not a lot of FLAC, but some. Most music is 320kbs, some of the older stuff is 256kbs. Most shops can't do much about lower bit rates, especially from majors, because that it how it is delivered or rather required by their distributor contracts. 

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 5
I like bandcamp but there aren't any "big names" there, really. I like the small time people though. :)

For got to mention you can get songs in ALAC, FLAC, AAC, MP3, and OGG. You can pick the format you want for any album so you can get it in lossless or lossy. MP3 is always a high quality as need ( you won't be able to tell the difference from a lossless most of the time ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back