What music did you get for Christmas?
Jan 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 33
Only two CDs--Nina Simone's 'Gold' compilation and the best of Tower of Power.  Both are great.  I'm still progressing my knowledge of artists very slowly.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 33
From friends/family/myself:

This Is Happening - LCD Soundsystem
Crystal Castles (II) - Crystal Castles
Odd Blood - Yeasayer
Poetry For The Poisoned - Kamelot
A Badly Broken Code - Dessa
Lungs - Florence And The Machine
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
Light Chasers - Cloud Cult
Sigh No More - Mumford And Sons
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West
Man On The Moon II: The Legend Of Mr. Rager - Kid Cudi

Pretty good haul if I do say so myself.  Paired these up with the Phiaton MS 400's I bought last week; pretty safe to say that I spent a lot more of my break in my room than I intended to 
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #20 of 33

Wow! That's soundz kray-zy cool!!

It's a once in a lifetime set for sure. Mosaic only presses 5000 of each title. This one is sure to sell out soon.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:
It's a once in a lifetime set for sure. Mosaic only presses 5000 of each title. This one is sure to sell out soon.

Yeah, I have a few dozen Mosaic sets, the most prized being The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio…a big slab with 18 gorgeous CDs.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #22 of 33
That's a great one! I have King Cole, Armstrong Big Bands, Woody Herman First and Second Herds and Basie Verve. Got my eye on Django and Bing Radio Transcriptions.

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #24 of 33
I asked for Natalie Merchant's "Leave Your Sleep" ... which my brother-in-law received. (My husband also got a videogame I'd had on my wishlist. I think my in-laws are getting a little senile!) The good news is, he gave me the CD after I asked if he was also a Natalie Merchant fan (he is, but he hadn't asked for the CD). I need to rip a copy for him now :)

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #28 of 33

Quote:
That's a great one! I have King Cole, Armstrong Big Bands, Woody Herman First and Second Herds and Basie Verve. Got my eye on Django and Bing Radio Transcriptions.

Holy sh-t!! You just made me realize that I loaned my Django to someone years ago…and I can't remember who! Need to figure that out…dunh-dunh-DUMMMM

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #29 of 33

Quote:
yep only just came out in december, so swiftly had added to amazon wish list.  the original and 2000 one version. 

I've been dying to watch this with my kids! I swore I had the DVD somewhere around here, but when I last looked (a few months ago), I couldn't find it, and I hated to go and buy a new copy when I was pretty sure there would be a Blu-Ray down the road. I have very fond memories of seeing this in the 1982 release, when I was 6 :)

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:
Quote:
yep only just came out in december, so swiftly had added to amazon wish list.  the original and 2000 one version. 

I've been dying to watch this with my kids! I swore I had the DVD somewhere around here, but when I last looked (a few months ago), I couldn't find it, and I hated to go and buy a new copy when I was pretty sure there would be a Blu-Ray down the road. I have very fond memories of seeing this in the 1982 release, when I was 6 :)

1982? do you mean 1992? i remember wanting it like mad (and i got it too) when it came out on vhs but no idea when it was.  it could have been 92 but certainly wasnt 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back