What MP3 Player should I try next?
Jan 3, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mweisbrod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, its an internet meme. im nowhere near an insider or a pro. just doesnt seem like the zune 80 is very different from other rockboxed players if you turn off the the touch...

I haven't heard of any progress with a Zune port, or evidence it's going to happen soon.

Jan 3, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sirenscall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard of any progress with a Zune port, or evidence it's going to happen soon.

they seem to be having difficulty getting into the Zune, since it's so closed.

Jan 3, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 23
Try Sony NWZ-A818. The included earbuds are very good. It is also a perfect match to any Sennheiser headphones. My Sennhesier HD-497 is really fun to listen to with this Sony DAP.

Minusflo

Jan 3, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #19 of 23
i suggest not making a decision until CES is over.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mweisbrod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, its an internet meme. im nowhere near an insider or a pro. just doesnt seem like the zune 80 is very different from other rockboxed players if you turn off the the touch...

Thats not the case. There has been zero progress made in cracking the protection on the zune.

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minidisc. pcdp.

Never going to happen for me. I grew up on the ease of use of MP3. Even most of my CD players I had in middle school were cd/mp3 players.

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #23 of 23
Gapless is going to be what kills your range of choices. I think the only gapless players now are the iPods and the Vibez. Some of the old Sonys had them but I think they'll be hard to get on the market (and might require ATRAC conversion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back