NWE407.jpg

The Sony NW-407

*drool*

As Bart Simpson once said, "Get me a towel"

May 19, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by tolsk
I like the gigabeat g series or the iaudio x5

I personally can't understand why everyone is raving about the X5. I think the only thing it has going for it in terms of looks is the color screen...which is pretty much half the resolution of the iPod photo. I think the hump in the middle is horrendously bad design, and the little nubbin joystick is just about as annoying as the little nipple mouse found on older laptops (which, by the way, is the stupidest design ever.

My opinion is that the M:robe 100 is the most inventive and interesting DAP design since the iPod. It adds to the sleek and smooth feeling of the ipod by 'hiding' the controls and screen when not in use. Touch sensitive buttons IMHO are really cool and functional (they eliminate another breakage-prone mechanical element)...I guess that's why I prefer the touch sensitive buttons on the 3G ipod so much more to the click wheel. I wish the m:robe had a) larger capacity b)iTunes or better software and c) a better display (red monochrome is very....weird).

May 19, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiggachu
I personally can't understand why everyone is raving about the X5. I think the only thing it has going for it in terms of looks is the color screen...which is pretty much half the resolution of the iPod photo. I think the hump in the middle is horrendously bad design, and the little nubbin joystick is just about as annoying as the little nipple mouse found on older laptops (which, by the way, is the stupidest design ever.

My opinion is that the M:robe 100 is the most inventive and interesting DAP design since the iPod. It adds to the sleek and smooth feeling of the ipod by 'hiding' the controls and screen when not in use. Touch sensitive buttons IMHO are really cool and functional (they eliminate another breakage-prone mechanical element)...I guess that's why I prefer the touch sensitive buttons on the 3G ipod so much more to the click wheel. I wish the m:robe had a) larger capacity b)iTunes or better software and c) a better display (red monochrome is very....weird).

Well, for me im sick of the white players, im all about something black. And i dont see what the "hump" problem is, it looks just fine too me. The nub stick is kinda lame i agree, but if it works well i wont mind much. Im hoping to get mine this week. All in all i really do think the X5 looks very nice, and im much more excited about its looks than the ipods. As for the resolution, i dont really care, i doubt it will be all that noticable, especially since i think picture viewing is kinda a stupid feature on a portable music player, especially since it cant take pictures. As for the video playback on the X5, im sure it will look beautiful at the resolution, and if not, its not the reason im buying an X5 anyways. To me its all about the sound, and features. With line in/line out, FM, and a 5 band EQ im very happy. Everything else is just extra thats really cool to have.
orphsmile.gif

May 19, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
hot!

XT21_01.jpg

Dude, it's a Ghetto MP3 Blaster!!! From Korea no less!!!

Seriously, I'd love a MP3 in a Ghetto Blaster form factor, because the 80s were teh one-thousand-three-hundred-thirty-three.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back