What moment in history had the biggest impact? See rule change page 4
Mar 7, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #76 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who are you again? That was the least civil post in this entire thread -- we were doing just fine, thank you.
rolleyes.gif

Exactly
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #78 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP you should cut and paste this thread as is and submit it as your answer and tell your teacher you appraoched the question from a postmodernist perspective.

That is a good idea, I will send him the link within the next day.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #79 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what was nearly the greatest moment in history.

On July 20th 1944, A guy with a briefcase nearly killed someone who i would call "a bit dodgy".
cool.gif

I don't think that's quite true. The Russians and Americans were already closing in for the kill, and the best the more sensible Wehrmacht commanders (who often despised arrogant, naive Hitler and Nazi top guns) could have hoped for was another Versailles peace, without the invasion and humiliation of post-1945.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #80 of 132
It might be hard to tell so early but 9/11

We cant really tell if its the most impactful moment, but it has changed our lifes dramaticly. And for the rest of our lives it wont get any better.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #81 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we were doing just fine, thank you.
cool.gif

In the medical field, yes penicillin is most definitely important. We could take it further to the actual disinfecting of surgical instruments, with all the people dying from post-surgery gangrene.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #82 of 132
A little-known "great moment"--the Russo-Polish War, 1919-1921. Trotsky and Lenin expected to quickly overrun Poland and then destroy exhausted Europe. Instead, the Poles managed to make a miraculous victory and keep independence until 1939.

The single most important is a tossup between the printing press and cultivation. Sorry if I come off as a know-it-all buff. History is one of my passions...

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #84 of 132
Wouldn't the printing press be behind the invention of written language? Course I know that's outside the OPs time constraint, but so is cultivation, etc.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #87 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might be hard to tell so early but 9/11

We cant really tell if its the most impactful moment, but it has changed our lifes dramaticly. And for the rest of our lives it wont get any better.

I don't mean to ofend anyone, and I respect very much what happened to everyone on that day, but there are many world events which are much more important that the 9/11.

To name but a few:

The 1 and 2 World Wars
The Discoveries
The renaissance
The start of agriculture
The start of writing

Many other events!

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #88 of 132
When the obelisk inspired the monkey to kill the other monkey with a bone.
2001monkey.jpg

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #90 of 132
If we can go back more than just a millennium I would have to say the invention of the writen language has changed human history the most. From the horrors caused by people using religious tracts as a means to power to the ideal of the philosophers of ancient greece nothing has changed how we think that the written word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back