What makes me so sad
Sep 19, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish a company other than Etymotic could make an IEM that didn't sound like mud. Because in terms of usability the ER-4P are godawful.

Have you had a chance to try the SA6, synaesthetic?

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #33 of 40
Know what makes me sad/mad? I'm a high school student, whether in the hallway on the bus, or during any other spare time, I listen to my Super. Fi EB's. Everyone says, "Jeez, Dude. What are those things in your ears? You spent 150$ on those!?"

Then you reply, "But they sound incredible!"

You have them try them on, but since they've only been using buds their whole life, they refuse to put them into their ear canals. They sit there with them just barely in their ears, laugh at you, and say "These suck!".

So I just put them back in my ears, (the right way) so that I won't have to hear them
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #34 of 40
The UE EBs sound like mud to be honest and the SA6s are way overrated. To be perfectly honest, other than a pair of Shure e530s, there's really nothing around that is with only a small flaw or no flaw at all. I certainly enjoy the RE1s and my current favourite, Sony EX700s but if I had a choice, nothing comes close to full size phones other than a well set up listening room with speakers.

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UE EBs sound like mud to be honest and the SA6s are way overrated. To be perfectly honest, other than a pair of Shure e530s, there's really nothing around that is with only a small flaw or no flaw at all.

Whew, I'm glad I don't have your ears...and so are my SA6s.
tongue.gif
Maybe you don't mean your authoritative tone to convey anything more than a statement of opinion, but the way different ears synergize with different equipment is far from uniform, especially when that equipment is interfacing directly with one's ear canal. Preference, personal physiology, and relativity all play generous roles in this hobby of ours (IMO
wink.gif
).

Sep 22, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #36 of 40
ignorance can be a bliss imo, but not at the cost of your eardrums breaking.

But I should note that for birthday presents nowadays, I just give them 40-100 dollars IEMs or Koss products.

Most of them appreciate the sound difference.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ignorance can be a bliss imo, but not at the cost of your eardrums breaking.

But I should note that for birthday presents nowadays, I just give them 40-100 dollars IEMs or Koss products.

Smart man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #38 of 40
Ha ha. I vote for Koss products as well
biggrin.gif
Not a very big fan of SA6s as they cost more for a sound that could be had for less. Not a very good trade-off. But to each their own
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #39 of 40
i was talking to 2 girls. one of them liked the ibuds, and the other one started freaking out and said "OMG, you gotta try something better than that. you dont know what youre missing!".
i asked her what she was using. she said "skullcandy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back