What Magnetic Headphones do you recommend?
Feb 14, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 11
Do you mean planar magnetic?

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #4 of 11
I have tried MANY headphone and I'm a planar guy for sure. Good choice in my option. What music do you like? What's your budget? Do you have an AMP and if so which one?

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 11
I have tried MANY headphone and I'm a planar guy for sure. Good choice in my option. What music do you like? What's your budget? Do you have an AMP and if so which one?

I own the Fiio A3 and the Fulla Schiit. My type of music is Bassy, punchy type. I don't really have a budget, but im willing to spend up to $500 if anything. I own the ATH-mx50x's and Senheisser 6XX's

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 11
hmmmmm... The first thing that comes to mind is maybe a used LCD2. If you like bassy feel free to go with the older version which does NOT have the Fazor. It sacrifices just a little accuracy for a little more low end. Another option would be the contacting Mod House Audio and picking up the New Argon Mrk 3. I heard them at a meet a few weeks ago and immediately sent my Fostex Mrk3 to Mod House to be converted to Argons. I would budget in upgraded amplification if you went that route. Magni 3/Modi 2 will do nicely.

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #8 of 11
@spookanide Good call. You can't go wrong with anything from ifi. He could use the Fulla as a DAC to feed the iCAN. It has a line out.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 11
Looking for a pair of Planar magnetic headphones and would like to see what ya'll recommend.

If you've never owned Planar Magnetic headphones before but want one then the Fostex T50RP might be a good choice. The reason I say this is because (1) unlike most Planar Magnetics, the T50RP is not stupidly priced and (2) Planar Magnetics generally sound quite different to normal dynamic type headphones, so if you like lots of bass then you might be disappointed, especially if you spend $500 on one. Planar magnetics tend to have a linear bass response.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 11
If you've never owned Planar Magnetic headphones before but want one then the Fostex T50RP might be a good choice. The reason I say this is because (1) unlike most Planar Magnetics, the T50RP is not stupidly priced and (2) Planar Magnetics generally sound quite different to normal dynamic type headphones, so if you like lots of bass then you might be disappointed, especially if you spend $500 on one. Planar magnetics tend to have a linear bass response.
Totally agree! I did notice a big jump in low end response with my T50s when I changed the pads. I think that’s why these are so popular with modders. Their sound is really easy to tweek.

Definitely a great value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back