What looked like a good deal...
Feb 18, 2005 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Decel

100+ Head-Fier
Damn, I thought I had found a good deal from an American retailer with borderfree shipping to Canada. The price of the Dir800C was pretty decent too.

That is, till I saw how much they charged for shipping & handling.
eek.gif

Standard shipping too. For that Price I expected a Limo to deliver it on a silver platter, the very next morning
biggrin.gif

I guess I need to look elsewhere...
At this rate I'll never get my first pair of cans.

Edit: doh, no remote image linking. In short they charged me 1130.33$CDN S&H for a 349.66$CDN product. Duty was 0$, taxes 103.60$CDN (which is a tad high, but within range).

Feb 18, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 6
Dang, you should of asked them if they were delivering your headphones with an orbital drop.

Feb 18, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeah 1583.59$CDN for a pair of Pioneer SE-DIR800C (lacked detail in FP) is a tad pricey.

They were about 100$US cheaper than AC (before shipping). However my biggest worry was about that voltage converter I'd have to use. I have heard about those who don't use it and everything being fine though.

I guess I'm a bit squirmish about the whole first experience thing. You know, like the first time you ride a bike or the first time at the deep end of the pool.

I emailed the shop to see what gives. Running out of options is both comforting (less decision making) and worrysome (running out of excuses not to just do it).
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Um how did they justify that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back