What likely fried? Thinking about trying to fix my LD1+
Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
I fried my Little Dot 1+. I had Sylvania GB-408A tubes installed and I switched them out for the stock tubes but forgot about the jumpers. I played the amp for <5 minutes and it started smoking and the sound stopped. Still powers up but the tubes don't light up anymore and there's no sound. I opened the case and I don't see any obvious burned up components. Just wondering if someone had an idea where to start?

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 3
There is no fuse. I busted open the case an there are two resisters that look burnt so I am thinking that's the issue. I have no idea what they are though to go look for a replacement. I'll get a pic up so that perhaps someone can help. I guess that I'll replace those once I find out what they are and see what happens. Otherwise, everything else looks perfect. If replacing those doesn't do the trick, I guess I'll just hang on to the unit and use the case for another amp project later once I start playing around with building my own stuff. If I can't find anything better to stuff in there, it might make for a cool fake tube desktop cMoy amp...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back