What kind of wheels you guys got?
Dec 30, 2001 at 4:32 PM Post #31 of 73
1991 Acura Integra GS. before Vtec, GS-R and ITR :frowning2: in about 2-3 years I hope to upgrade to one of those M3, tuberoller you lucky dog. They finally have the F1 paddles for shifting, although the previous generation is said to drive better. Also looking to see if they produce the RSX-Type R and how the Nissan Z car turns out.

Dec 30, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #32 of 73
I can't belive that no one got my little joke there.

frown.gif

Dec 30, 2001 at 7:25 PM Post #33 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I can't belive that no one got my little joke there.

frown.gif

Mostly, I think we ignored it.

If it was for real, we'd have been forced to hate you for all eternity, so we pretended your post didn't exist.

Dec 30, 2001 at 7:48 PM Post #34 of 73
meithkiller - you drag race a neon??? Hehe, you should get an engine swap to an Intrepid 3.5L V6 and supercharge it for some Camaro ass whooping goodness (sorry GM loyalists, I am a MOPARhead and a fan of old Mustangs/new Cobras-Saleens)
biggrin.gif

KR... - in that case, this is my getaway car - Aston Martin V8 Vantage Le Mans http://www.astonmartin.com/media_gal.../car1_1024.jpg =P

Onix - Audi Quattro handbrake fun anyone???

Gaineso - screw the bike, beef up that boat!

Rick - Just get some heavy duty steel grill guards, ram them all you want.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mountain Bike: GT Zaskar Race w/ Avid CPS hydraulic brakes and Shimano DX platform pedals (I hate clipless).

Dec 30, 2001 at 8:03 PM Post #35 of 73
Well, I think I am doing all right with the little 2 liter 4 cylinder for now, my best time so far is in the high 14's in the 1/4 mile with just a few bolt-ons, on street tires. Oh, and I still get 38-40 mpg with the Neon on trips. Try that with a Camaro or Mustang! The Neon is set up more for great handling though, I just go to the drag strip occasionally to see how much faster she is getting.

I too am a big Mustang fan, I've owned two 5.0 liter Mustangs in the last 12 years, but the Neon is almost as quick and handles so much better, not to mention more interior and luggage space and better gas mileage. Hopefully my next car (in a few years) will be another V8 Mustang, this time a convertible.

-Keith

Dec 30, 2001 at 8:44 PM Post #37 of 73
Miller - wha??? Your neon gets 14? Wholey ****, lol, that thing must be lighter than a monster truck tire. What do you mean better handling? Mustang handles great (hitting wide 90º corners is a blast!), just not in the winter(but that applies with all RWD).

I want to get a '65 Convertible Mustang with a supercharged 427 (7.0L) in it. Dual 2.5" exhaust, cold air intake, sway bars, 5 speed, larger cam, new pulleys, 16x9 steel rims w/ 235 or 255 tires, heavy duty shocks, definately upgrade the brakes, etc. Maybe some accessories and body work like hood/brake scoops, fog lights, and sorts.

You know which year you might get? I like the '95 convertibles myself. Or if yer super rich, Mustang Mach III hehe.

Dec 30, 2001 at 10:05 PM Post #39 of 73
Quote:

Rick - Just get some heavy duty steel grill guards, ram them all you want.

you mean I should take something like this

sarwolf_parked.jpg

and do this ?

unknown_7_36.jpg

and my mtn bike is an old ass specialized stumpjumper,modified and on a diet of course]

Dec 30, 2001 at 10:19 PM Post #40 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Miller - wha??? Your neon gets 14? Wholey ****, lol, that thing must be lighter than a monster truck tire. What do you mean better handling? Mustang handles great (hitting wide 90º corners is a blast!), just not in the winter(but that applies with all RWD).

You know which year you might get? I like the '95 convertibles myself. Or if yer super rich, Mustang Mach III hehe.

Yeah, it is a lightweight. It weighed around 2500 lbs new and I've removed 300-400 lbs of "unnecessary" stuff
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Neons handle great from the factory, especially the ACR's, they dominated their SCCA Showroom Stock roadracing and autocross classes the first few years they were out. Car and Driver magazine bolted a set of DOT-legal R compound tires on a stock ACR a few years ago and pulled better than 1g on the skidpad.
I've got about $1200 worth of suspension parts that are sitting out in the garage waiting for a warm weekend to go on. I'm gonna have fun next year!

-Keith

Dec 30, 2001 at 10:41 PM Post #42 of 73
Miller - cool man, if you ever get to run side by side with a jacked up Stratus, let me know how your train holds up to it.

Rick - hell yeah! But with some thicker steel
cool.gif

Dec 30, 2001 at 11:54 PM Post #43 of 73
'97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Dec 30, 2001 at 11:57 PM Post #44 of 73
Quote:

Joelongwood - Aren't you a teacher? how can you afford all those cars and keep them on the road? it must cost you a fortune and along with this hobby, man, the amount of money you need......

The insurance alone is over $9,000! My wife is also a teacher and, here on Long Island, teachers make a VERY good salary....particularly if they've been doing it for over 30 years, as I have. No complaints here about teacher salaries.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back