What kind of people use Etymotics?
Jun 1, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 29
people who travel? people who want isolation? people who want crazy detail? people who want the smallest, most portable audiophile phones out there? people who don't mind dealing with earwax on a regular basis?

smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure the list goes on and on, but I'll let the actual ety users speak for themselves now.

Jun 1, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 29
people who know asl and lip reading!
biggrin.gif
<===== Like me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 29
i must buy a canalphone, i cant f$#%%^ loose my hearings anymore. i'm sitting in this comptuer room and theres 2 comp, my f#$%@ dad listen to the online radio everyday, and he's f#$%#$ deft, he turn on the speaker volume 100/100, way beyond 100dB, i have to put tissue paper in my ears. it doesnt help much. and he make me cut the f#$%#$ grass every two weeks with this huge ass f@#$@# lawn mower. god dammit i wake up at 7am in the weekend hearing people lawn mowing. i must get one, but not ety, they are too expensive.

can someone please tell me what exactly is microphonic problem and how it effect these kind of ear phones.

Jun 1, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 29
People that want a brief respite from the noise of everyday life. A secluded place where you can loose yourself for a short time in the music.

People that travel and have no desire to hear screaming children or babbling buffoons trying to impress someone with their perceived importance.

People that have flown the same route so many times they do not need the pilot to tell them what we are flying over at any point.

People that enjoy hearing the music and nothing else.

If you replace the "People that" with "I" you have why I use them.

Jun 2, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #10 of 29
People who do yard work and don't feel like listening to the roar of the tractor while mowing.
People who have 2 noisy kids that are Nicoloden junkies.
People who have a Wife trying to learn to play the piano.

Jun 2, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 29
terrymx & Todd R we would get along very well. I canr stand people who turn the volume up very loud and nickolodeon makes me angry at the world
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #12 of 29
I can't speak for other people but I use ETYs because they are the best sounding most amazing pair of headphones I've ever heard. Total musical bliss. When wearing them I am completely taken away. No worries, no cares, no anything but the music.

But that's just me.

MJ

Jun 2, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #13 of 29
If you travel, these things are invaluable. Ety's were my first introduction to audiphile phones. Also, If you did what I did, (got some orange ear plugs for swiming, cut the tip off, softer than the stock white plugs or the foamies) they are excellent for lulling yourself to sleep in total musical bliss!
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Knocturnal
nickolodeon makes me angry at the world
evil_smiley.gif

There are some shows I'll watch.....
Sponge Bob & The Amanda Show (Both are completely nutz and crack me up). Most of the other shows are annoying, but do not make me angry. What's so funny about people getting stuff poured on them?
Guess you got to be a kid.

Jun 2, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #15 of 29
Lol, you know what pushes me beyond the limit of sanity is : Slime Time Live. If I ever see that guy on a street...
very_evil_smiley.gif
. That show makes the human species look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back