What kind of Micro-SD Card Do I need for a Sony Walkman Android DAP? (Using Tidal)
Jan 10, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 7
Yes, it is supported.
The issue comes down to it corrupting files in my opinionated theory - and I haven’t actually seen evidence contrary to that yet - either way - regarding how that’s stored in the memory card.

It just seems maybe it’s not Tidal’s fault. Though I reached out to tidal and they told me to reset the app and download an app or playlist one at a time and THEN wait for it to finish to download another.

I’m just not sure though, if a memory card that’s built different would stop corrupting the files. I know it would sound better though.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 7
What yo might try is downloading a couple of FLAC's
On your PC run a test:
FLAC –t FileToTest.FLAC
This will tell you if the file is corrupted or not. https://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/KB/Flac.htm
I can download allot of FLAC / MQA to the DAP - it's just eventually around 100GB it get's corrupted. I'm downloading an album / playlist at a time so I'll let you know if it does resolve.
Wouldn't want to give cheaper micro-sd's a bad rep, but I still suspect it's the issue - only time will tell.
I do appreciate the advice, and I might try that. But I guess I could check it fast if I downloaded like 200GB of flac and see what happens - might be too much to really give a picture though of what I'm trying to do, idk.
Again, thanks for the help.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Have you validated that your microSD card is genuine? Knock-offs are often altered to show up as if they have the full advertised capacity, but they're actually lower capacity cards. So if you had a "1TB" microSD card that was actually a 128GB microSD card in disguise, you'd be able to write data to that 128GB portion, but any writes beyond that would fail, which could explain your card getting corrupted around 100GB

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 7
Have you validated that your microSD card is genuine? Knock-offs are often altered to show up as if they have the full advertised capacity, but they're actually lower capacity cards. So if you had a "1TB" microSD card that was actually a 128GB microSD card in disguise, you'd be able to write data to that 128GB portion, but any writes beyond that would fail, which could explain your card getting corrupted around 100GB
Not a bad point but if it is fake then it is a really impressive one. I’ll check it’s capacity. Ty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back