What kind of IEM customs or universals?
Aug 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lu-chen-chan

Head-Fier
Hello ,
I own Sandisk Sansa Clip , and previously i had Sennheiser IE8 , liked their sound a lot . only think i didn´t like was when the music came to part where more instruments are played on a same time they were all mixed , so i have sold them.Now i am thinking of new IEM.I love highs and crisp detailed bass.What should i buy? IE8 and some amp to prove it?Are the custom sleeves for IE8 worth it ? Or some customs like LW duals /triples ? JH5PRO? UE4PRO? some others , or some other high end universals ? if yes which one?

I am bit worried because of rumors of bad customers services by custom companies and fit issues..

I know that MaoDi will advice me JH5PRO once agian , but i would like to hear other advices.

I like jazz music and my salary cap is about 400usd.
Thanks for your answers.

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by lu-chen-chan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello ,
I own Sandisk Sansa Clip , and previously i had Sennheiser IE8 , liked their sound a lot . only think i didn´t like was when the music came to part where more instruments are played on a same time they were all mixed , so i have sold them.Now i am thinking of new IEM.I love highs and crisp detailed bass.What should i buy? IE8 and some amp to prove it?Are the custom sleeves for IE8 worth it ? Or some customs like LW duals /triples ? JH5PRO? UE4PRO? some others , or some other high end universals ? if yes which one?

I am bit worried because of rumors of bad customers services by custom companies and fit issues..

I know that MaoDi will advice me JH5PRO once agian , but i would like to hear other advices.

Thanks for your answers.

for customs surely the JH5, that is exactly what some have described them as. However, highs and lows sounds like the Westone 3...anyone?

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Hello ,

Thanks for your answers.

I think you'd better check the UM3X (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...thread-422240/), the top-tier universals with the best reviews since they came out 4 months ago.

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Are Phonaks with some better amp much worse?

Or if i am trying to find something like HPA described UE11:
"but they sound more like a rich warm mocha latte that hides the bitterness of the coffee with the sweetness of chocolate and whipped-cream (see sparkling water above). It's easy to kick back with them and relax, listening quietly and mellowing out to some classical or new age music, letting the music carry me away."

what it should be in price range of 400usd?

Aug 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Hello ,

Thanks for your answers.

Hey, you said it yourself. You love the highs and detailed bass. That right there is the Westone 3. I was worried about fit issues also. I am VERY picky when it comes to sticking anything in my ears. I've had good luck with the W3's and even find myself falling asleep with them on, waking up in the morning with my head turned on its side and don't even know I have them still in my ears. Not too bad for someone that doesn't like anything in the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back