What kind of headphones / sound are you prefering for gaming in general?
Dec 3, 2014 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ginkgo

New Head-Fier
A thread named "Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?" has been on here before,
but in general: What kind of sound are you going for, what kind of headphones in general.

Much bass, well balanced, mid-range, is isolation a very big part, ...

Just wanted to hear some opionions on that.

Me: for purely practical reasons I use whatever I prefer for listening to music.

So strong mid-range, not too strong bass, well balanced, neutral to warm, more on the softer side,
but it's not that i particularly prefer them when it comes to gaming.

I just never really thought about it or tested out different headphones with games.

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 4
I play fps games and really prefer a large soundstage with precise imaging so that I can pick out players across the maps and through walls.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I think that sound stage is objectively the most important feature in almost any game, at least when it comes to 3D movement in a world. From there, extra bass can be good to "feel" the world (although headphones will never be as good as a subwoofer).

You do also have to consider weight in this equation, though. The sound stage on my HE-400 is better than my HD600, but the latter is more comfortable over periods of time.

In general, though, a good headphone for music will be a good headphone for gaming. I think that's why several gamers seem to be finding their way to the Cult of Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back