What kind of Darth Beyers are these?
Apr 4, 2007 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

vo328

500+ Head-Fier
I was perusing the Headphile site and saw this. What kind of Darth Beyers are these and does anyone have any comments on how these sound? Basically, you can adjust the "openness" of the headphones?

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 14
so far theres only ONE pair of these adjustable ones and they are with skylab at the moment...

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fongalv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so far theres only ONE pair of these adjustable ones and they are with skylab at the moment...

...and they'll continue being Skylab's for a long, long time.
mad.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 14
yeah. IF Larry decides to do open this will be an option I think. It looks sweet and the sound of Open Darths is better than closed imo. Skylab is getting my V-3 O tommorow for a little taste test b/w the two. ATM there are only 3 Open Darth V3s.

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. IF Larry decides to do open this will be an option I think. It looks sweet and the sound of Open Darths is better than closed imo. Skylab is getting my V-3 O tommorow for a little taste test b/w the two. ATM there are only 3 Open Darth V3s.

I bought my DB because it's a closed design. If it was open, I just use my other cans.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 14
The idea of being able to adjust the amount of opening to the outside world is indeed interesting. I wonder if there is any type of resonance heard due to the material used on the outside of the "vario" piece. Is that plastic or wood? And, I wonder how good the seal is if the user decides to close the headphone all the way.

Skylab, coming to the international meet? If so, any chance you'll be bringing these with you?
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

ATM there are only 3 Open Darth V3s.

3?! your darth boodies, skylab's vario-darths, and ....? who's got the 3rd set and what are they? any pix?

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3?! your darth boodies, skylab's vario-darths, and ....? who's got the 3rd set and what are they? any pix?

I think he's including the V3 open darths listed on headphile, the pics and all are up, price probably coming up soon; wenge/snakewood, really nice looking...

hd8d.jpg

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 14
Nice looking. Wonder what he wants for that wood? I'm guessing $750.

At least I have the only deep cup Opens still lol. I was worried for a minute there.

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Nice looking. Wonder what he wants for that wood? I'm guessing $750.

At least I have the only deep cup Opens still lol. I was worried for a minute there.

dude.. you have THE darth b00bies... nothing can top that...
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #13 of 14
the new V3-Os are up! And the price is.... $888!!!

who's gonna snag 'em?
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The idea of being able to adjust the amount of opening to the outside world is indeed interesting. I wonder if there is any type of resonance heard due to the material used on the outside of the "vario" piece. Is that plastic or wood? And, I wonder how good the seal is if the user decides to close the headphone all the way.

Skylab, coming to the international meet? If so, any chance you'll be bringing these with you?
wink.gif

I wish I could. The Vario-Darths are amazingly cool. Tuneable Darth Beyers! They are my favorite DB's yet. With the leather pads I put on them:

DSC01289.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back