What kind of clip do you use to attach wire from earphone to shirt?
Sep 7, 2005 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Sgt_Strider

100+ Head-Fier
The Shure E4 has a really long wire. It kinda creates some weight and tries to pull the earphones out of my ear. I was wondering if anyone of you are using clips to attach the wire to your shirt? If not, what methods are you guys using? thanks.

Sep 7, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 21
What I do with my E3s is take the cord around my neck from one side and thenput them on.

I remember when I had a MD player with a remote control that didn't have a clip I used a clip from a cell phone handsfree. The clip attaches to the cable, it's easy to remove it from the handsfree and attach it to the phone cable providing the cord thickness is similar.

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
How does your clip look like?

I took it from a broken handsfree from y Nokia cell phone. It's a small spring loaded clip that has a small canal the holds onto the cable. Check the nearest cell phone shop they'd have these handsfree phones with a clip

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 21
I use a clip on the coil cable of both my Sony V6's & Beyer dt990's. In both cases I use a clip that had been on the security ID badges, from a former employer. It works great. I'm surprised that headphone manufactures, especially those with coil cord phones, don't offer "clothing clips" It makes the use experience so much better.

If you check with a company that sells tele-marketing headsets, they offer "clothing clips" in the "replacement parts" section of their catalog, or web site. Those may work as well.

Check out what I'm talking about here:
< http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model...oogle&ovtac=PI >

- augustwest

Sep 20, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
I use a clip on the coil cable of both my Sony V6's & Beyer dt990's. In both cases I use a clip that had been on the security ID badges, from a former employer. It works great. I'm surprised that headphone manufactures, especially those with coil cord phones, don't offer "clothing clips" It makes the use experience so much better.

If you check with a company that sells tele-marketing headsets, they offer "clothing clips" in the "replacement parts" section of their catalog, or web site. Those may work as well.

Check out what I'm talking about here:
< http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model...oogle&ovtac=PI >

- augustwest

I think I see what you're talking about. So I guess you slip the wire into that hole (barrel)?

Sep 20, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #8 of 21
theres a way to loop cables that I use for excess length in the E2C's. When done correctly it looks liek avery cool keltic-ish knot. I learned it from a friend of mine who's a dj, he rolled his cables liek that.

Basically do the following:
Loop the wire so you have a 1-1.5 inch circle
now take then end (with the 3.5 mm jack on it) and put it through the circle
after you put it through the hole bring it to the put side and back through the hold again.
repeat until desired cord length is achieved

Sep 20, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 21
I tend to do most of my headphone (or at least, canalphone) listening while at work and as such am sitting down most of the time, so the extra cable length is appreciated. I've always found that looping the cable over your ears alleviates any problems with cord weight. I also run it down my back, which helps keep it from getting snagged by me (though I regularly get it looped around the armrest of my chair).

So no wire, unless I'm wearing a shirt whose yoke like to catch on the cable's wye, in which case I usually sacrifice a paper clip to hold the wye up and away from the yoke.

@jerb~ If I'm reading your instructions right... that's a pretty cool idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
theres a way to loop cables that I use for excess length in the E2C's. When done correctly it looks liek avery cool keltic-ish knot. I learned it from a friend of mine who's a dj, he rolled his cables liek that.

Basically do the following:
Loop the wire so you have a 1-1.5 inch circle
now take then end (with the 3.5 mm jack on it) and put it through the circle
after you put it through the hole bring it to the put side and back through the hold again.
repeat until desired cord length is achieved

Have a pic of this? I tested it with the little extension that came with my EX71 and it came out a mess. I figured maybe the wire was too thin so I tried it with my E3s and it was still a mess. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if my mess is your celtic-ish knot.

And that little clip, the cord thing looks like one of the old barrel-ish cord stops that were popular in the early 90s (especially when Starter jackets became fad and had those on the hood drawstring). If so, it doesn't pinch the cord? Especially on something with as thick a cord as the E3?

Sep 21, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #12 of 21
I also used a clip from a cheap handsfree headset that came with my Nokia phone (until I lost it.) It works well and is very discrete. So basically buy a really cheap handsfree headset and use the clip.

1098947069671_HFUNIVEAR.jpg

Sep 21, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunbar
I also used a clip from a cheap handsfree headset that came with my Nokia phone (until I lost it.) It works well and is very discrete. So basically buy a really cheap handsfree headset and use the clip.

1098947069671_HFUNIVEAR.jpg

I have one of those clips and they suck! My E4 cords already have those pinch marks as a result of that stupid clip. It's too bad...my earphones are no longer in mint condition
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back